“Possibly the Worst Embassy Suites in the Country”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Reviewed 30 September 2017

The rooms are fine. That's where it ends. This location is SEVERELY understaffed. They shuffle people from front desk, to airport shuttle to breakfast cooking. Do not count on their airport shuttle listing. They don't have a driver. You have to schedule it and availability will depend on whether they can spare someone from the front desk to go drive it. We had to take lyft the first night we stayed there and then again to the airport to pick up our rental car. When we returned five nights later, they did say they'd send someone to the airport to pick us up right away. An hour later, they picked us up. The only reason we didn't pitch a fit was that the woman driving the shuttle (Georgia, I think) was so very nice and friendly that we couldn't stay mad at her. She isn't a shuttle driver, but they had her pick us up anyway.

At breakfast, we watched omelet after omelet get thrown away at the breakfast station because they kept making things other than what the customers ordered. Finally the breakfast manager took over the omelet bar. Just bizarre.

There are fans blowing in the lobby as though they just had a flood. Maybe they did. It's still weird and disconcerting.

On my last day, I had a 5:20am flight and the "shuttle" doesn't start until 4:30. I went down at 3:30 and asked the front desk to call me a cab after unsuccessfully trying to get a lyft (apparently there aren't any drivers that early on a weekday). The front desk went through a stack of cards and handed me one to call myself. They didn't answer, so I went back and she handed me another card. I'd probably still be standing there if a Rochester cab hadn't pulled up to drop off some folks who had taken a cab all the way from Rochester. I begged him to drive me to the Syracuse airport and he did. The front desk staff are tremendously unhelpful. They don't know how to call a taxi or what taxi service is available? WTF?

Only other bright spot was Christina, the bartender at the restaurant bar. She is delightful and helped us make the best of an otherwise unpleasant time (our second night there was due to a cancelled flight).

I have stayed at many Embassy Suites throughout the country. Would I stay at this one again? No way.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank jellin

Reviewed 27 September 2017

Very clean and an upscale "Manager's Reception " evenings. The rooms were typically attired in the Embassy fashion but very clean. The location is right off I-90 but in a safe area. Great place to call home for an evening.

Room Tip: Great ease off I-90
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Rhodehouse1003
Reviewed 27 September 2017

I showed up at 1:30am after a series of delayed flights. I was welcomed as if it were prime time and offered snacks to make my time even brighter. Loved it.
I also had to check back in the following night as my flight out of Syracuse was cancelled. The staff was accommodating and welcomed me back. Made my stay great.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

Thank you for a most enjoyable stay. My favorite venue. The staff were excellent and the experience just wonderful. I will definitely stay in this venue again and highly recommend it to my friends. Thankyou so much.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Old property, bad service, and too much noise from the highway. AC didn't work, front desk would not answer the phone for 45 minutes. New room toilet didn't work. Noise from the highway is loud. The service was bad except the guy making the eggs for breakfast

2  Thank johnrP654JY
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Inexperienced night time wait staff, grimy hotel furniture, definitely not my favorite stay. Faulty gym equipment that went unattended is a bit of a hazard as well...probably will not stay in this location again.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Mattress the worst, in dire need of replacement. Nice to have 2 rooms, each with nice large screen TVs that worked. A/C poor, never cooled the room. Free breakfast and evening reception was fair, food was fair and the vulchers/guests were the worst. Clean up help in the area was very efficient in clearing the tables.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3.9 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690
1.0 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Syracuse - Carrier Circle

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse? Share your experiences!