The rooms are fine. That's where it ends. This location is SEVERELY understaffed. They shuffle people from front desk, to airport shuttle to breakfast cooking. Do not count on their airport shuttle listing. They don't have a driver. You have to schedule it and availability will depend on whether they can spare someone from the front desk to go drive it. We had to take lyft the first night we stayed there and then again to the airport to pick up our rental car. When we returned five nights later, they did say they'd send someone to the airport to pick us up right away. An hour later, they picked us up. The only reason we didn't pitch a fit was that the woman driving the shuttle (Georgia, I think) was so very nice and friendly that we couldn't stay mad at her. She isn't a shuttle driver, but they had her pick us up anyway.
At breakfast, we watched omelet after omelet get thrown away at the breakfast station because they kept making things other than what the customers ordered. Finally the breakfast manager took over the omelet bar. Just bizarre.
There are fans blowing in the lobby as though they just had a flood. Maybe they did. It's still weird and disconcerting.
On my last day, I had a 5:20am flight and the "shuttle" doesn't start until 4:30. I went down at 3:30 and asked the front desk to call me a cab after unsuccessfully trying to get a lyft (apparently there aren't any drivers that early on a weekday). The front desk went through a stack of cards and handed me one to call myself. They didn't answer, so I went back and she handed me another card. I'd probably still be standing there if a Rochester cab hadn't pulled up to drop off some folks who had taken a cab all the way from Rochester. I begged him to drive me to the Syracuse airport and he did. The front desk staff are tremendously unhelpful. They don't know how to call a taxi or what taxi service is available? WTF?
Only other bright spot was Christina, the bartender at the restaurant bar. She is delightful and helped us make the best of an otherwise unpleasant time (our second night there was due to a cancelled flight).
I have stayed at many Embassy Suites throughout the country. Would I stay at this one again? No way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All suite property featuring spacious two-room suites, complimentary full cooked-to-order breakfast and complimentary beverages and snacks at our complimentary evening reception. The hotel is conveniently located off the New York State Thruway (i-90) at Exit 35 and Carrier Circle, just minutes from Downtown Syracuse, Hancock International Airport, Syracuse University, LeMoyne College and Destiny USA. Many outdoor recreational activities are available including Onondaga State Park, beaches and public golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Syracuse
- Embassy Suites East Syracuse
- East Syracuse Embassy Suites