1,374 results
All reviewscocktail hourthe manager's receptioncooked to order breakfastthe managersomelethappy hourfree drinkshot tubmade to order eggsliving roomcomplimentary breakfastpotatoesnys thruwayhotel restaurantsausageindoor poolnew york
Reviewed October 5, 2017

I was here on business and would highly recommend this hotel because the staff are friendly and the facility is clean and comfortable. The reception in the evening is a great wind down after work too. Overall a good bang for your buck.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed October 5, 2017

I've stayed here in the past but no longer. It used to be fairly decent, but two recent stays have ruined the place for me.

The facility is seriously showing its age. Everything is just a little shabby, the room doors don't even close properly (I had to push it closed). For some reason, the omelette station at breakfast took a lot of orders before cooking them. So there was an unusually long wait for it after ordering. They kept the bacon out of sight and were very stingy with it. Even when I asked for a little more I couldn't get it.

Noise was a factor during one stay, because the room was right next to the Thruway and some of those trucks are really loud. As others have said, staffing is minimal so don't expect quick response times for anything.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms next to the highway.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2017

Horrible experience from start to finish with no follow up from the hotel management as promised. Rooms are dirty and run down. Handicap access door and multiple door handles on fire doors in the stairwells are broken. AC wasn't working in several rooms. Internet and cable weren't working in several rooms. I moved 3 times for a 3 night stay and they wanted me to move a 4th as they couldn't fix the cable fast enough. Burden placed on me every time.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed September 30, 2017

The rooms are fine. That's where it ends. This location is SEVERELY understaffed. They shuffle people from front desk, to airport shuttle to breakfast cooking. Do not count on their airport shuttle listing. They don't have a driver. You have to schedule it and availability will depend on whether they can spare someone from the front desk to go drive it. We had to take lyft the first night we stayed there and then again to the airport to pick up our rental car. When we returned five nights later, they did say they'd send someone to the airport to pick us up right away. An hour later, they picked us up. The only reason we didn't pitch a fit was that the woman driving the shuttle (Georgia, I think) was so very nice and friendly that we couldn't stay mad at her. She isn't a shuttle driver, but they had her pick us up anyway.

At breakfast, we watched omelet after omelet get thrown away at the breakfast station because they kept making things other than what the customers ordered. Finally the breakfast manager took over the omelet bar. Just bizarre.

There are fans blowing in the lobby as though they just had a flood. Maybe they did. It's still weird and disconcerting.

On my last day, I had a 5:20am flight and the "shuttle" doesn't start until 4:30. I went down at 3:30 and asked the front desk to call me a cab after unsuccessfully trying to get a lyft (apparently there aren't any drivers that early on a weekday). The front desk went through a stack of cards and handed me one to call myself. They didn't answer, so I went back and she handed me another card. I'd probably still be standing there if a Rochester cab hadn't pulled up to drop off some folks who had taken a cab all the way from Rochester. I begged him to drive me to the Syracuse airport and he did. The front desk staff are tremendously unhelpful. They don't know how to call a taxi or what taxi service is available? WTF?

Only other bright spot was Christina, the bartender at the restaurant bar. She is delightful and helped us make the best of an otherwise unpleasant time (our second night there was due to a cancelled flight).

I have stayed at many Embassy Suites throughout the country. Would I stay at this one again? No way.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank jellin
Reviewed September 27, 2017

Very clean and an upscale "Manager's Reception " evenings. The rooms were typically attired in the Embassy fashion but very clean. The location is right off I-90 but in a safe area. Great place to call home for an evening.

Room Tip: Great ease off I-90
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family