Check in went well with a smiling friendly and very helpful front desk attendant who diligently look for a quiet room for me and my wife in that I am going through chemotherapy. The room was perfect-quiet,well decorated ,with a refrigerator and TV remote in a bag for sterility. The beds were comfortable and the pillows (3) very nice. The bathroom was small by modern standards,but adequate with a nice shower/bath combo.
Now the downer that begs the question "which way will the Best Western Plus go. The breakfast buffet was a nice bonus with hot and cold selections-WRONG! Cold only. I looked up the NYS regs for buffets and this would have been in violation. The scrambled eggs were full and cold,the sausage links were empty except for a few links-cold. The buffet area was covered with crumbs and prongs for certain items missing. It looked totally unattendet and not very appetizing. The plates and silverware were heavily water spotted. The coffee was hot-winner here. My wife asked for hot water for tea and it came back with a rusty look-right! Someone in the kitchen added hot water to a "coffee" pot-never checking. a attendant who was supposed to seatingt people but didn't, was busy asking about juice and coffee. She ignored some and favored others looking for tips. She ignored the messy buffet and did not present herself with true concern -SAD! Breakfast is served till 10AM-we were there a 9AM..
This could be a reasonably priced bargain , but changes in areas like the buffet must take place. i would have rather spent $20 extra then have this kind of breakfast service and food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This comfortable, yet affordable Syracuse hotel offers abundant amenities, pet-friendly accommodations and convenient access to Syracuse University. Conveniently located near many of the area's businesses and organizations, you can make the most of your business trip at this Syracuse hotel. Enjoy just a short commute, Time Warner Cable, John Deere, Sara Lee Food Services, Bristol Myers Squibb and many more corporate offices. Visiting the area's students and faculty? Syracuse University, Le Moyne College, SUNY ESF and Columbia College are all just minutes away. The Oncenter, home to many conventions as well as the War Memorial Event Center, are also nearby. Both business travelers and leisurely vacationers will appreciate being near so many of the area's exciting attractions. Destiny USA is less than six miles from the hotel and offer world renown shopping, entertainment and gourmet food. Sports enthusiasts will enjoy being just miles from NBT Bank Stadium and the Carrier Dome, and those looking for a thrill will have convenient access to Turning Stone Casino and Syracuse Fairgrounds. Play or unwind in the indoor heated pool. Many guests also delight in the many other abundant amenities, including an exercise facility, The Roundabout Tavern on site, guest laundry, a business center, free parking and 24hour coffee available. Unwind and get a great night's sleep in the comfortable and spacious rooms at this pet-friendly Syracuse hotel. Enjoy wonderful amenities, such as flat screen TV with cable television, free WiFi Internet access, a coffeemaker, a refrigerator, room service and much more. Wake up each morning to a delicious complimentary full breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Ramada East Syracuse Carrier Circle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Best Western Plus-Carrier Circle Hotel East Syracuse
- Holiday Inn East Syracuse
- East Syracuse Holiday Inn