All reviewsgrab and goother hotelsinexpensive hotelroom was cleanupon checkfront desk staffrooms are largecarrier circlefull kitchenbusiness tripnew yorkhotel is locatedsyracusekitchenettelinensmattress
Reviewed May 17, 2016

We stayed 2 nights for graduation weekend at Syracuse University. The first room we were given had another guest in it despite the fact we were given a key. As we were moving into the second room, someone from the front desk came by and informed us that this particular room was supposed to be empty. When I informed him that the room we were given was occupied and we were changed to this room, he made a comment about how the luggage cart needed to be brought back downstairs. I assured him that once we were done with it, we would return it (they apparently only have 1). The prices for graduation were extremely inflated.

Our room was "fairly" clean, but had a dank smell to it. Our friends room had a few hairs on the sheets. Not something that is acceptable for $250+ per night. There was missing molding in the bathroom.

The young woman who checked us in was very pleasant. Everyone else, not so much. Coffee and muffins were available in the morning. The bed was fairly comfortable and the shower had decent pressure. The WiFi was decent.

Overall it was overpriced for the service and room-type. If we had any other option, we wouldn't have stayed. I've been to other Extended Stay America's and have not had the issues we had at this property.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Syracuse - Dewitt, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2016

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your experience was not to our company’s high standards. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will make sure we are providing each guest with professional customer service as well as thoroughly inspecting our rooms to ensure your experience is not repeated. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly at syr@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed May 16, 2016

Just got back from Syracuse graduation weekend. We stayed here Friday and Saturday night. First of all the prices were over 200.00 a night due to Syracuse graduation so I spent well over $800.00 for 2 nights 2 rooms. We requested 1 room with one bed and one room with 2 beds. Well we got 2 one bedroom rooms. The beds are small. Needless to say my son had to sleep on the floor for 2 nights (we were told no rollout beds). Also they advertise that they have kitchenettes. Well they do but no dishes, silverware, plates, bowls, pots or pans, nothing. The only thing they were good for is the fridge. I will never waste my money on a place like this again. For over $800.00 I would of expected a nicer place. Oh did I mention that we had to get our own towels since they had NO MAID SERVICE all weekend.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Syracuse - Dewitt, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2016

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please accept our apologies that your stay was not to our company’s high standards. In an effort to guarantee proper sanitation of kitchen utensils and to allow our guests to customize their kitchen based on their needs, all kitchen utensils are available upon request. In response to your feedback, I will make sure we are clearly communicating our amenities during guest arrivals as well as closely monitoring our room inventory. Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at syr@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed April 21, 2016

We checked in late and the room was fairly clean. They had no ice available. The room above us was really loud and they were dropping things or jumping. This went on until way after 1AM We went to speak to the front desk but there was no one available after 11 PM so we just had to put up with it. The continental breakfast was very poor and consisted of coffee, granola bars and poor looking fruit. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa K
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Syracuse - Dewitt, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies for the noise issues you experienced. In response to your feedback, I will be retraining our staff to make sure we are enforcing our quiet hours to ensure that each guest has a comfortable stay. A member of our staff is always available. Between the hours of 11pm and 7am, please use the lobby phone to reach a staff member. Additionally, we will also let our suppliers know of the opinions of our guests when it comes to our breakfast offerings. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. I invite you to contact me, at rwilkins@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed March 26, 2016

We are in the Syracuse area quite often and have stayed in many hotels there. The Extended Stay America was a bit of an experiment. It was one of those weekends where most of our usual hotels were booked and the others had raised their rates significantly and ESA was still a relative bargain so we weren't expecting much. In fact, although somewhat tired and in need of some updating, it was a comfortable stay. The room was clean and large. It had a kitchen area which we did not use.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Syracuse - Dewitt, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2016

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to meet your expectations. I appreciate your comments regarding our reasonable rates and spacious rooms. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed March 19, 2016

I've been staying at extended stay America awhile and its so wonderful love having a kitchen to cook in makes it feel like a home and the staff is s o
truly amazing shari. The manager. Is truly a caring and wonderful person always there to assist you, then you have squita,berry, Jim, Jennifer ,dave they all are very kind and caring I've never stayed in a place where all employees are friendly,kind, caring they always say good morning and make you want to come back again and again, I recommend extended stay America to everyone who travels to east syracuse, trust me when I say you will truly enjoy your stay, its clean, quiet and you get treated like family.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Syracuse - Dewitt, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2016

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am thrilled that we were able to accommodate your needs with a home away from home experience! It’s great to read that our staff provided you with friendly customer service and that you enjoyed our fully equipped kitchens. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.