We arrived on a Saturday afternoon. The landscape was nice but the exterior of the buildings looked very dated. Beautiful lobby. Nice staff at desk. Was told to drive around to side of buildings to get to our room - a bit confusing when looking for the correct side entry. Room was pretty large compared to regular hotel rooms. After settling in we decided to check the place out. Due to interior construction we could never find our way around. We actually had to go up a floor to walk around the work, then down again. We couldn't find the indoor pool area and then was told the easiest way was to walk outside to go back in to the pool. Thankfully it is a mild February. When we got there there were 100's of high school aged kids in the pool/hot tub area! They were kids from Brooklyn and the Bronx on their class trip! Not so romantic.
We went for dinner in the dinning room and the kids were there. They were pretty loud, but not too bad. They sat us toward the rear of the dinning room so it wasn't that bad at all. The food was suprisingly good for all the people they were cooking for. Buffet-style.
We hiked behind the resort and found the Nevele waterfall - spectacular. The grounds and lake were wonderful, as were the hiking trails.
We were told at the front desk that the high school kids were not allowed in the pool area at certain times, so we took advantage of that. The pool was warmer than most I've been in and the hot tub was excellent. The sauna was also the best I've been in.
Finally, the staff was very professional and nice. I wasn't thrilled when we inquired at the front desk about their advertised horseback riding and the young woman told us that WE had to call the stable to make an appointment - felt that she should've done it for us, instead of writing down the number on a piece of scrap paper, but NOT a big deal at all. We did ride for $40 ea. and it was great. Nice people at the stable.
Overall, this was a GREAT trip. It wasn't the romantic getaway we were hoping for, but it all turned-out well in the end.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by rolling landscapes, lush gardens and a crystalline lake, Honor's Haven Resort & Spa can be found tucked away on over 200 acres in the heart of the Shawangunk Mountain Region; the gateway to the Catskills. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, Honor's Haven Resort & Spa is the ideal destination; combining multi-faceted conference facilities and wedding sites with a wide range of recreational opportunities and 232 well appointed rooms and suites. Offering countless catering options, this unique four season resort will make you next vacation or event nothing short of extraordinary! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelClick, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Honor's Haven Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Honor`s Haven Hotel Ellenville
- Honor`s Haven Resort And Spa
- Honors Haven Hotel
- Honors Haven Ellenville