“Everything tastes fresh”

Aroma Thyme Bistro
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Ellenville
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Aroma Thyme is the Hudson's Valley 1st Certified Green(C) Restaurant. The Most Awarded Hudson Valley Restaurant serving New American Cuisine pleasing carnivores to vegans. Offer Farm to Table and Sustainable Cuisine. Take the guessing game out of where your food comes from. Chef Marcus Guiliano prides himself using local and family run businesses from wherever the product is from. Aroma Thyme features 250 craft beers, 300 wines and very well stocked bar. Open seven days. Hudson Valley "Best Of" Restaurant winner since 2003. 90 miles from NYC & 60 miles from Westchester County NY. We are Fido Friendly, well behaved dogs are welcome for outdoor seating. Please check our website for current menus and craft beer selections.
Reviewed January 2, 2018 via mobile

I honestly feel there aren’t too many places like Aroma Thyme Bistro. I would travel far to eat here! The food tastes so fresh & delicious. I love that they have 32 types of tea & that both coffee & tea are served in your own personal French Press! They have many different alcoholic beverages. Some decorations are from a local artist that designs clocks & they are for sale. The restaurant is clean and decorated nicely. I love the fact they they also help out & donate to their community. The owners are a lovely couple that are very friendly & very involved with the restaurant. The wife will waitress & the husband is the chef. I love seeing owners actively involved & that are nice! Their ketchup is just delicious & tastes homemade but we asked & it is an organic brand that they buy. My husband loves their cheese plate platter but I’m not a cheese person. He also says their salad with pear & blue cheese is the best salad he’s ever had! I had the other salad & it was delicious. If you want salad & bread, they aren’t included in the meal.. you have to specifically request them & it gets added to your bill. The bread is served with some type of white bean dressing with olive oil & rosemary, etc. I loved it! It tasted delicious! My friend had the Brie Burger & she fell in love with it. For dessert I had the warm chocolate brownie a la mode. It was a perfect blend of rich chocolate with vanilla ice cream. My husband had the ribeye steak & said it was delicious. We were trying to figure out a vegetable on the plate & they told us it was organic white carrots. They were a little sweet but tasted great! I would love to come back & try their brunch menu.

Reviewed December 15, 2017

Excellent choice for meeting with four old friends for dinner in Ellenville NY. Owner was very friendly and very professional. Menu was certainly different but really nice. Service was very good and food was outstanding. Will definitely go back and to others.

MarcusGuiliano, Owner at Aroma Thyme Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2017

Hey David! We are glad you enjoyed our food! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 5, 2017

As someone with lots of food issues, I really have trouble finding places to eat that would please all my friends and still have things I can eat. Few people will eat at a vegan restaurant unless they have to. The moral of this story is I love this restaurant. It has meat (good meat) and lots of VEGAN! Yeah. And everything is good.
On this visit I had the pizza with daiya cheese, and an excellent squash soup. All vegan.
Service was slow but we were unrushed. All was pleasant. Plenty of parking.

Thank you so much for your support! We are glad you found a place to eat with all your friends, and for making us your choice!! We made it our mission to create a place for everyone and are dedicated to sourcing very clean, sustainable and local ingredients.

Reviewed December 5, 2017

Made to feel warmly welcome - even as a large group. Menu is perfect as a "Green Restaurant " with a variety if delicious options. Cocktails - YUMMY! Using local spirits. And a great place for beer lovers! Just love supporting this wonderful community-focused dining space. Thank you, Marcus and Jamie, for creating such a great "food and drink" establishment in the Hudson Valley!

MarcusGuiliano, Owner at Aroma Thyme Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2018

Thank you for your amazing review! We are always happy to have you! Please check out our wine and beer dinners, on our website, which are starting in January. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 4, 2017

Outstanding smoked buffalo chicken wings! Best I've had in years, just the right combination of flavors. Perfectly spicy & smoky with top notch blue cheese dip. I wish I snapped a photo to post here, but we devoured them too fast! Also highly recommended is the beef brisket, melt in your tender from being smoked and then slow cooked for many hours. You won't be disappointed!

MarcusGuiliano, Owner at Aroma Thyme Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2018

Thank you so much for the five star review! We are so glad you enjoyed all the barbecue from our new smoker! We also have done many off premise catering with our portable smoker if you ever have the need for a party!