See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 23, 2007

When we arrived to the lodge we walked in and immediately felt at home. There was a fire in the fireplace and the girl at the front desk was very accomodating. She took our luggage up to the 3rd floor. While we took the stairs. If you have a handicap let them know because the elevator was very small and as far as I knew, not public.

Our rooms were very cute. There's a TV and a dresser and a queen size bed. I was very apprehensive about staying here after reading some reviews, but we enjoyed it very much. It was economy and you can walk anywhere in Ellicottville in 5 minutes from the lodge.

There's a good little band that plays at the bar adjointed to the lodge.

If you can visit the Silver Fox a few blocks down from Ellicottville Inn. Great food and atmosphere. A bit more expensive than the other restaurants around the lodge, but definitely affordable and worth it.

Also try the Ellicottville Brewery! Great food and beer! Try the fondue and the blueberry beer! Great Calamari as well.

I was worried about the flies- We had 1 in our room- but we killed it fast! It's definitely a great place to stay- a great nights rest, very quiet, convenient and affordable!

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 7, 2005

This summer I spent more than I could afford -- $190 per night (which I had mistaken for the entire weekend) -- and hoped for a really nice place. What we got - one tiny room with a queen bed, a powder room size bathroom (water splashed out of the sink, it was that small) - -- and a tiny room next to it with a pull out sofa. My kids were at each others' throats and they wouldn't bring up an extra mattress or cot. The kids "room" (the pullout couch area) had no AC -- so I tried opening the window, which fell out. Several times, the door between the rooms wouldn't close, and the knob kept falling off. I couldn't even use their foyer bathroom, since I was told they don't have one. I guess they must go in the entry way, because that's almost how bad it smelled. About the only nice distinctively lovely about it was the way the foyer looked.

• Stayed: August 2005
6  Thank Curious15717
Reviewed April 23, 2005

I was a bit aprehensive about staying at the New Ellicottville Inn after calling and receiving a chilly reception from the clerk on my first call. I decided, since there was a pretty good deal for $130 which covered a queen room and an 8 hour lift ticket, to book the room and see how it worked out.

On the plus side, the location is ideal. It's right in the middle of the lovely town of Ellicottville and 5 minutes from either Holiday Valley or Hollimont (both great ski areas). The rooms are small (VERY SMALL) but cute. The bathroom was a nice size, bright and bath & body works products were provided.

The reason for my poor review lies in the staff and the fact our room was scattered with dead flies. "Dead flies?" you ask.... Yes... Dead flies everywhere! On the floor, in the bathroom, on the window sills. I approached the staff about this problem. Personally, I feel that for $130 they should take a "dustbuster" up to the room prior to check-in and clean up the mess before the guests arrive. I shared this with the desk clerk and was treated VERY POORLY. I found the staff to be somewhat rude upon check-in, but it was at this point when I was totally turned off. I will never stay there again because of it.

I later found out that, for about the same price (about $15 more) you can get a rental condo, with a loft bedroom, fireplace and balcony, across from Holiday Valley. If you do this, you can get a lift ticket for $15. All in all, for $30 you get a place that is 4 times the size and much nicer AND CLEAN. It's worth it -- believe me, the next time we visited Ellicottville and stayed there, we had a GREAT time.

14  Thank chibrian79