“Best value in pricy area”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Elmira
Irondequoit, New York
“Best value in pricy area”
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Apparently due to the sudden and extreme influx of drilling crews to the Marcellus Shale area, hotel prices in Elmira have skyrocketed in recent years, this hotel included.

That said, this is a former medal winning hotel in the Choice chain (medals are awarded inside of each marque), and not too bad. I've stayed here about 40 times over the past decade and have only had one bad experience (about two years ago, but I give them a pass on it as it was the only room available in a one hour radius).

The rooms are clean enough, though the rooms on the second floor, with interior corridors, are definitely nicer. The hotel is easily accessible from I86/NY17, though the driveway in is in need of some pothole repair.

They generally have popcorn/cookies available in the afternoon evening, and the breakfast looks passable. The hotel is well situated with a small strip mall next door and plenty of places to eat, though they are all chains.

The staff can be hit or miss, never unfriendly, but occasionally inexplicably absent.

Wireless internet is available and decent.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
ankitshahny140, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 25 August 2011
Thank you very much for your great review and the details of your stay. We appreciate your business and hope we will be able to host a stay for you again soon.

Thank you again for your review and taking valuable time to let us know about your stay.

Ankit Shah, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
St. Louis, Mo
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Based on the ranking, I expected a nicer motel. It's old and doesn't look like it has had much in the way of updates. In fact, not much in the way of maintenance. Torn wallpaper, chipped furniture, etc. But it was relatively cheap.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank pjce717
Thank you very much for taking the time to write the review. I have forwarded the conditional issues over to the operations team. I appreciate your honest and candid feedback.

Thank you again.

Ankit Shah, General Manager.

Travellers are raving about these Elmira hotels

Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2011

it's a shame because the area is around the hotel is perfect. great rates and location however i cant stay somewhere that is dirty or doesn't have things that work right. i had to stay twice in the last 2 weeks and do not want to stay there again unless i dont have a choice. both times the rooms were not cleaned properly, something broken, bugs in the linen, slow drain and in one case there was mold. if they just maintained the rooms better and cleaned well, this would be the perfect place to stay. it's hard enough staying away from home, my title sums it up.

Room Tip: 2nd floor better
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to share the concerns about hour hotel. I have forwarded your comments over to our housekeeping and maintenance department. We strive to make sure all guests are 100% certain they will return. I appreciate you taking the time to bring it to my attention and I invite you back again to give us another chance to wow you with our hospitality!

Thank you again.

North Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 21 January 2011

Clean rooms, comfortable beds, tasteful decor. Both times got a room on the 2nd floor which is an interior hallway (first floor rooms open to the outside). Felt like a real hotel - not a cheap motel. 3rd time I tried getting a room and they were sold out.

Downside was front desk staff were slow and hard to find. Continental breakfast area was a bit disconcerting and grabbed some drive-thru on my way out instead.

I'd go back next time work brings me to the area.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
ankitshahny140, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 7 February 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel and your stay. I hope you enjoyed your time in our area and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Ankit Shah
607-739-2000
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 23 November 2010

The front desk clerk was friendly and helpful, checking me in in very quickly. The room was good sized and smelled clean which is a huge plus for me. The king sized bed was comfortable but sleeping was diffucult for me which is not the hotels fault. There were numerous restaurants nearby to choose from and many stores in case you need something. Located right off the highway, I couldn't have had a better experience at this hotel!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business

Ankit Shah
607-739-2000
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 1 September 2010

We recently stayed at this hotel because we were unable to find available accomodations closer to our destination (40 minutes away). Our room on the first floor was dingy, worn and in need of repairs. The bathroom floor was so tacky that when I walked in my shoe stuck to it. It was the kind of place that compelled you to check the sheets and matress before going to bed. In the hotel's favor: budget priced, easy access to shopping and an Applebees next door. We skipped the free breakfast.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 31 August 2010

I can't even describe what a terrible experience staying at this hotel was. It is in disgusting condition, and we got locked out of our room in the middle of the night with our belongings inside, and never got in until the MORNING!!! The staff is completely incompetent. Don't even think about staying here for even one night unless you enjoy bugs and being up all night!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Hart-Mart24
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmira
7.3 km away
Rodeway Inn Marshall Manor
Rodeway Inn Marshall Manor
#8 of 11 in Horseheads
10.3 km away
Holiday Inn Elmira Riverview
1.2 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Big Flats (Elmira)
3.5 km away
Holiday Inn Express Elmira Horseheads
1.4 km away
Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads
1.9 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Elmira Corning

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!