“Good Polish food”

Podlasie Polish Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 94 Restaurants in Endicott
Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Homemade authentic Polish cooking.
Reviewed October 5, 2018

This was our first time here while we were visiting the area. The Polish food was authentic and excellent (especially the potato pancakes). We tried the sampler platter and everything was good. Service, however, was very slow, especially when it came time to get the check.

Reviewed August 24, 2018

A small, family owned and operated restaurant that outshines some of the "top tier" places in the county; you will not want to miss this. The food is authentic Polish fare, lovingly prepared and served with pride. Try the Polish dark Porter; smooth, creamy,
slightly sweet with a hint of chocolate. This was a really refreshing surprise as I had expected a touch of bitterness; none.
Herring as a starter brings a small plate (polish pottery) with two fillets topped with diced onions and bits of dill. There are a few thin slices of dense bread served with this and the sweetness of the pickled fish comes through very well. Very fresh tasting and delicious. The cabbage stuffed with beef has always been one of my husband's favorites and he truly enjoyed the two large rolls of tender cooked cabbage with beef stuffing and a homemade sauce. The potato puree that came with it was whipped to airy perfection and the side of pickled, shredded beets was very good. I opted for the cheese blini and the sauerkraut and mushroom perogies. The cheese blini was filled with soft cheese on the inside, perfectly crisp on the outside and dusted with powdered sugar. The luscious little dumplings made me wish for more! My side of coleslaw was finely shredded cabbage and carrots in a seasoned oil dressing- totally fresh and delicious.

Each dish is cooked to order so be prepared to linger over a beer or a great Polish fruit soda; try the apple/watermelon! Absolutely save room for dessert...sad to say the Babka was sold out but the chocolate cake is quite good and the poppy seed loaf is spectacular. We definitely look forward to our next visit. We even bought a jar of dark honey, also a product of the family. In case you really don't have room for a sweet after the meal, lots of Polish candies are on sale to take home with you, sweet reminders of the visit.

1  Thank Prepcook
podlasie_22, Owner at Podlasie Polish Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2018

Thank you very much for the pleasant review! It's our pleasure to serve you! See you again!!

Reviewed August 7, 2018

Good Polish restaurants are hard to come by, so every time I'm in town I make sure to have dinner here. There isn't much ambiance, but the food more than makes up for it.

We always start with a Polish beer and I think I've tried every Polish beer on the menu, and they are all good.. This time they even had some specials/seasonals that I got to try. Beware that they are larger than bottles of American beers and one is always enough for me. We got a small loaf of hot bread of 4 slices that was crispy on the outside and soft inside. It was so good we were offered and accepted a second loaf.

I had a hard time deciding between the pierogi and the potato pancakes. So I ordered an app of pierogi (4) to share with my father, and ordered the potato pancakes. The potato pierogi were delicious, and I like the crispy bacon bits they top them with. I wish they had a little more butter and sauteed onions. The potato pancakes are hot, crispy, and melt-in-your-mouth soft inside. SOOO good! My mouth is watering just thinking about them. I never have had room for dessert but the cakes in the dessert case look yummy.

Service was a little slow, in spite of it not being busy, but only when it came time to get the check and pay it.

1  Thank NboroGirl
podlasie_22, Owner at Podlasie Polish Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

Thank you very much for the kind words and for visiting us! Hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

I seem to end up here every time I'm in the area. I like the food but my wife and daughters love the food. It is as authentic Polish Food as you can have in a resturant. This area has a lot of eastern European people. I have had mostly Ukrainian food in my time here or when I lived here. Some dishes are totally different and some simular to Ukrainian food.
If you want to try Polish food and you either don't want to cook or have no friends to invite you over for grandma's cooking. This is the place for you to go. If you do chances are you'll be back.

1  Thank Chuck B

Thank you very much for the pleasant review! Hope to see you again!

Reviewed June 22, 2018

Went with my son and daughter in law for the 5th anniversary of the restaurant's opening. Great food as usual! Want to go again soon!

1  Thank Karen D

Thank you for coming and celebrating our 5 year anniversary with us and for the kind review! We appreciate it! Hope to see you again soon!