“Best Thai restaurant in the triple cities”
Review of 1st Thai Basil

1st Thai Basil
Ranked #23 of 89 Restaurants in Endicott
Price range: US$10 - US$14
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Established in 2011, our restaurant is family owned and continuing to grow into one of the finest Thai restaurants in our area. We take pride in our delicious, truly authentic dishes. Customer satisfaction is guaranteed whether you're dining in or bringing our food home with take out.
Reviewed December 6, 2016

My wife cooks Thai dishes and we don't eat out often but we do like to visit Thai Basil every so often so that she has a reference point relative to what she prepares at home.

Reviewed October 14, 2016

I have gone to Thai Basil a few times and, generally, I like the food that they make. The one big mistake I made was having the buffet for lunch on a Tuesday.

Frankly, I didn't even realize that they offered a buffet, but when I went in the waitress asked if I was having the buffet and I said sure.

The buffet had been picked through pretty well and they were not doing a good job of keeping it up. When you see a pan that claims it is a shrimp dish, you expect it to actually have some shrimp in it.

On the other hand, I have gone there for lunch and dinner on other occasions and have ordered off the menu and have had very good food.

I guess the lesson learned is to stay away from the buffet.

1  Thank johnmeissner2016
Reviewed May 13, 2016 via mobile

The food is good and I like spicy foods a lot so when I was asked how spicy I ordered at 3 thinking that would be medium. 3 was definitely not medium and was hot. Food was good just be careful on how spicy you order. Would come again.

Reviewed April 25, 2016

Very good food, serves alcohol, service good. Prices are decent too. Good for families or date night. Parking isn't the greatest, no driveway, have to find parking on street

Reviewed February 17, 2016 via mobile

Went in for lunch ordered the house special wonton pad thai....

I Liked the salad they started off with. However they managed to mix up my order with another table, which is not huge except I specifically asked for non-spicy and no bean sprouts. When I noticed sprouts I asked if the waitress remembered to not tell the kitchen not spicy, well I found out the hard way.
Secondly and this may be nothing to most, but the tofu was supposed to be crispy fried, it was chewy and heavily salted.

Lastly they are overpriced, for the same money you can get Chinese buffet right down the street.

1  Thank Ricky A

Been to 1st Thai Basil? Share your experiences!