“Pricey, but great experience ”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 143 Restaurants in Farmingdale
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Smith Street
Description: A Fondue Restaurant
Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

We were at other Melting Pot locations before, this is very similar. If you go for the full experience, you start with the cheese, then cooking the meat in broth, finished up with the chocolate. It does not look like it, but you get a lot of food, we are usually full at half of the meat rounds. Make sure you leave space for the end too! Our kids 5 and 7 love everything that is not too spicy.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed February 16, 2018

I went last Sunday evening for my mom's birthday. I called ahead and made a reservation because my mom had received an email for her birthday about free chocolate covered strawberries. Well the girl over the phone was snotty and said well we might not have any that day by that time. I was a little turned off but I kept the reservation either way.

I have been to this location a few times, as well as ones in Albany, NY and down south so I am not a newbie to the Melting Pot. My mom and I decided instead of doing the 4 course meal we were going to do just cheese and dessert (our favorite parts) which I told the girl on the phone while making our reservation. When we arrived we were seated after a few minutes and our waitress came over. My mom ordered a berry mojito which she said was pretty good and we ordered the fiesta cheese. When our waitress brought it over, it wasn't very much cheese (we ordered it for two) and she brought us over hardly any dippers. We asked for more apples and pretzel bites because there were hardly any. Meanwhile the table next to us (another couple celebrating a birthday) got a massive amount of dippers. Strike 1.

We also ordered a California salad to share. The salad was tasty and just how I remembered. While we were eating the manager came around to every table around us and asked how they were doing but skipped us. It was very rude. I'm unsure why he would go to every other table around us but not stop by and speak with us. Stike 2.

After that we decided on our dessert. We ordered the chocolate s'mores dessert with dark chocolate instead of milk. When our waitress brought over our dessert, she brought over a little plate that said happy birthday with a tiny rice krispie square on it. Meanwhile the table next to us got a big plate with strawberries and whipped cream. Strike 3.

Overall, I was disappointed with the inconsistent service. Like I said earlier I have been to many Melting Pots including this one and the service has never been this bad. I'm not sure if it was because we only ordered cheese and dessert or if the service has just declined in general.

FYI* It really doesn't pay to just get the cheese and the dessert. The total for our bill was $63.57 and for a few more dollar we could have each gotten the 4 course meal. We didn't order it because we are normally too full to enjoy our dessert but if you have a little self control you can take home your entrée and get your moneys worth.

After my last experience I do not think I will be back to this location. For the high price and the subpar service it is not worth it.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank cbaldino1014
Reviewed February 5, 2018

Came here for our annual NYE Lunch/Dinner. My daughter and I get here around 1. Service was amazing our waiter even said he will write down in our info that next time we should have the a different cheese since we told him we always get the Mexican cheese. We were still allowed to order off the NYE menu even though it was earlier. We had the Special menu with an extra side of the pasta with mushrooms. It came with a special present and champagne. As always service and food is perfect. Place is spotless.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed December 21, 2017

I frequent The Melting Pot. If you love fondue then you'll want to eat here. I usually have all four courses. Cheese is my favorite course. I recommend the Quattro Formaggio or Spinach Artichoke cheese fondue. Expect to have great conversations with your friends and family over some awesome fondue. Service level was thumbs up!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed November 6, 2017

Went for Restaurant Week because it's such a good deal. Made a mistake ordering the seasonal Apple Cider cheese fondue. Will go with the Classic next time; it's much better. Entrees were tasty, as was the Flaming Turtle dessert fondue.
Not very comfortable in the new dining area. Mostly because the fondue pot was too far away for me to reach comfortably sitting on the end. Bad planning on their part, but will keep that in mind when making our next reservation.

Date of visit: November 2017