All reviews parking lot republic airport courtyard marriott front desk long island free breakfast longer stay large living area bedroom suite easy drive infectious smile light switches strip mall full size fridge extended stay the breakfast area stores and restaurants
Reviewed August 12, 2018

The staff at this hotel goes above and beyond! I was using my Marriott certificate that I received for being a Marriott Visa Card holder. They asked me if it was a special occasion, it happened to be a 25th wedding anniversary for travelers we were with. We were staying here to go to another party near by but the staff still put balloons and a card in the room saying Happy Anniversary! They had the entire staff sign the card. They also moved us from a studio into a 2 bedroom suite just because. They also gave us drink vouchers and air mattresses for the kids to crash on. They are so accommodating it is unreal. The coffee in the morning and free breakfast was also good. I would def. stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 232 is a 2 Bedroom Suite.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank sabrinacat
Reviewed August 2, 2018

Arrived early (before 4pm). Greeted with smile by 2 staff. They apologized for not having my preferred upper floor, and offered 2nd floor room now or wait for 4th floor. 2nd floor room relatively quiet (only heard 3 planes/helicopters and no hallway noise.
Breakfast excellent.
I am Marriott Platinum, and will return to this property.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2018

Just returned from another trip to the area for work and can't say enough about the hotel staff!
The front desk staff is excellent in customer service especially Wanda and her infectious smile and personality are second to none!
Once again, I had a room facing the airport and was not bothered by the noise generated from the airport.
Breakfast every morning during my stay was great. Hot foods were hot and the fruit was fresh. No bruised apples or brown bananas to be found.
Having the Wal-mart with in walking distance is a bonus for those who want to cook in their rooms. There are also several restaurants in the strip mall in front of the Wal-Mart.
The Chipotle gets a negative 10 stars from me. The place was dirty and the food was not warm. On the other hand, The Chili's just down the road from the Wal-Mart shopping center is far better choice than any of the places with-in walking distance.
Nice bar at the Courtyard across the parking lot to boot.

Room Tip: Rooms the further away from the elevators are better to block out the noise.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank moose753
Reviewed April 27, 2018

This is a semi welfare hotel with numerous homeless families that beg cigarettes and booze from you. Do not believe them that they have no government contacts, they are accepting numerous homeless families, Want this hotel? Go to priceline and get this hotel for half the rate. This has become welfare hotel!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
4  Thank N1218ULsandyb
RosaLesman, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Republic Airport Long Island/Farmingdale, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2018

I am sorry that you felt that we accept homeless people people , which we do not. We do not have any agreement with any government organization regarding homeless people. TownePlace Suites is designed for extended stay guests. We do have quite a few guests staying here long term due to their house being re-built, fire victims paying on their own , guests here doing long term/ project business with local companies, a lot of them have to stay 3 to 4 months at a time depending on the project and so they bring their families. We cannot discriminate on who stays here, but I can assure you that we do not have homeless people staying here.

I invite anyone to come visit us, inspect our property as I am confident that this is not true. If any of our guests experience any type of unpleasant experience, we expect that to be reported immediately so we can handle the situation. We have had no reports of the mentioned above.

We are open for further investigation/discussion in this matter. We value and welcome all comments, as they help us improve.

Thank you for your time in letting us know your experience, we hope to hear from you again with further details.

Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

I visit this hotel quite often, as much as I like a discounted hotel, I love a hotel that has employees who make your stay enjoyable more. The name Marriott is backed by many employees some good and some bad. Fortunate for me this towneplace suite has always been wonderful to me since, I first started coming here in 2015. People need to understand that not everything is perfect when you get to a room sometimes, but if it is not liking the towneplace suite will do everything in their power to make your stay enjoyable. From the time you set foot in the door.
Either Melissa, Muhammad, or Nick will be their to greet and cater to your needs. They are wonderful employees. They manage to keep a smile on my face everytime. This review is long overdue, these guys are the best and they are the posterchild of how a marriott employee should represent the marriott. I assume it is only right they earn some level of promotion after this.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple