“So Very Disappointed!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 10, 2018

Just came back from Locanda. We had heard so much regarding the food and service. Disappointed is an understatement. We waited almost 10 minutes for someone to come and take our drink order. Service was beyond slow. Our waitress was sweet but seemed more concerned with changing the linens on the vacant tables than clearing the dirty dishes from our table. Fried calamari was tasteless. Twenty minutes until the plates were cleared and we got our salads. Salad was overdressed and wilted. When dinner FINALLY arrived(over an hour later), my husband and son were served their veal parms. Five minutes later, my dinner arrived. I ordered eggplant rolatini and was served a chicken dish. It took another 5 minutes to get the waitress' attention to let her know that I had been given the wrong dish. I was asked if I would like to eat what I had been served. My answer was no and I was told that my eggplant could be "whipped" up in a few minutes. That's exactly what it looked like when it arrived the table. Three pieces of eggplant that had been folded over with seasonless ricotta in between. I ate some because I was hungry but left the rest. The waitress did ask if I would like a drink on the house. I did not. I had expected management to stop by and apologize for all of the dinner mishaps. Unfortunately the management was overly involved with loudly greeting and chatting with bar patrons to be concerned with the diner's satisfaction. We would have been better off spending the same $140 at Il Barilotto, three doors down the street and eaten dinners that have never disappointed. We won't be coming back.

2  Thank J-Traveler9117

Reviewed May 5, 2018 via mobile

Despite my Father in Law wanting to correct the linguistics behind the name - it’s what he does our dinner here was again outstanding. I had Veal Saltimboca which is hard to find. Father had a huge 12 oz Filet Mignon as a special- the guy is 84 but eats like a horse yet still is taking half of it home. The decor and vibe is really comfortable...Saturday night and it’s busy but not loud and not affecting service one bit. I think the owner was sitting outside and got up and made sure my wife knew where to park the car. This is almost an hours drive from home but it’s on our hit list now. Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 3, 2018 via mobile

I made a reservation here for my wife and I for 2 at 7 PM on a Saturday night. Had to rush like hell after work to make it there but walked in right at 7. We were told our table wasn't ready and we could have a seat at the bar. At 745 we were finally seated and placed our order at 8pm. We got some bread and a salad and then just sat and waited. At 9pm I asked for my check and left without eating. I think they might have forgotten us. I was not given a check for the salad but will not be back. Bad organization

2  Thank sharky888
Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

Our group of 5 all enjoyed our dinners however the service was not as expected. It took nearly an hour for our meals to be served after we ordered.

Reviewed April 14, 2018 via mobile

Extremely friendly & professional wait staff from the beginning. I modified my order of Fettuccine Alfredo just a little and they gladly did it; no problem. Vegetable lasagna was delicious and flavorful! Excellent chianti for a semi-dry red wine with our meal:)