“Lovely B&B with Sumptuous Breakfast in a Central Location for Excellent Siteseeing”

A White Rose Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Plain
A White Rose Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Fort Plain B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 September 2017

I was lucky enough to find this lovely B&B in a remote yet beautiful part of Upstate NY. Our hosts were warm and gracious and willing to answer my questions at any time. I stayed in the Adirondack room which featured authentic Adirondack furnishings including a handmade twig canopy frame by the local Amish craftsman. The bed was exceptionally comfortable and the sheets were marvelously crisp and impeccably cleaned and ironed. This room comes with a shared bath which was not an issue at all. The bathroom was perfectly clean and fitted with plush towels. Melissa who is a former caterer prepared a delicious breakfast of Tuscan scrambled eggs, thick and crispy bacon, English muffins with her homemade jam, fresh fruit and homemade banana bread. This more than prepared me for a day of adventure. The Inn's location is close to wonderful historic sites including Hyde House, Thistle Weavers and Indian Castle Church (C. 1769). I look forward to returning next year. Thank you! Linda from San Francisco

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Mellisa's reviews are exemplary and, after this weekend, there is no doubt in my mind why. A) I was greated with a smile and an offer of help to my room. The room I was showed to was decorated with style and hard work over time. Antique/ local craft make bed... rustic decoration (There was a real Bearskin on the truck, for Pete's sake. So cool.) B) All the amenities. Wifi, hot/pristene shower, tv, and I don't know if I was spoiled or not, but a plate of fresh chocolate chip cookies. :) C) The owners have a firm grap of the area and helped me with suggestions for dining and laundry. After chatting with them, I found that quite a bit of their company is folks biking the Erie trail (as I was.) so the added experience of dealing with bikes, bike baggage and and people with a little road dust on them was comforting. D) Breakfast?! What can I say? Fantastic fresh muffins with fruit salad and Tuscany Eggs. All fresh, all the butters and jellies were either local amish or home made. Pardon the french but it was so damned good. Thank you Mellisa for a great stay... and to all who plan on staying, it isnt a night's lodging, its a welcome repast.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

A White Rose B&B was our fourth night stay during our 264 mile ride from Rochester to Cohoes on the Heritage Trail. Our host suggested a local restaurant and made a reservation for us that at first seemed average and plain but the food was absolutely incredibly good. Cudo's for the reservation and restaurant suggestion. As for A White Rose the rooms were very clean and very well accommodating. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. As for the breakfast it was superb! Excellent B&B and I'd highly recommend it.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2017

The innkeepers were very kind and accommodating to our bicycle group. We were able to clean and store our bikes after a rainy day on the trail. The inn was clean and comfortable. Melissa provided a hearty breakfast, at an early hour for our group. Thanks again for transporting a few of us to the restaurant for dinner!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2017

The place was very nice, the atmosphere quite and the grounds lovely. We stayed here during a bike trip. the room was great, and the bathroom was big and just as great. Great breakfast with good variety.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2017

We just spent last weekend here. This is our second year in a row to stay at this B&B while we take an opera weekend at Glimmerglass in Cooperstown. It's a pleasant 30 minute ride to Glimmerglass. The hosts are friendly, gracious and accommodating. The property is well-kept. The breakfast is always a special treat. We stayed in the room with ensuite bath. Bed is very comfy. Good strong WiFi, TV and AC in the room. We'll be back again next year.

Room Tip: We recommend the suite if it's available.