“Good food and service but pricey”
Review of Halsey's

Halsey's
Ranked #5 of 95 Restaurants in Geneva
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed taking family to Halsey's because there is always something tasty on the menu and the staff are friendly. However things are pricey and the most affordable special on the menu that night - chicken with gnocchi - wasn't all that impressive. Very heavy. That said, my wife absolutely loved her salmon salad.

Reviewed December 11, 2017

SCRUMPTIOUS!!! Everything I had and or saw pass by my nose to a table smelt good and was prepared to entice. Helsey’s restaurant is nestled Seneca Street in downtown Geneva, NY. A warm, friendly, inviting and festive place – it offers a scrumptious variety of plates from wood fired pizzas (that are amazing and probably what they are known for), salads, fresh fish & seafood dishes, steaks and various other creative morsels. An extensive offering of local and global wines, along with a long list of craft beer offerings as well. It’s a bustling and busy place as it appears they have a great reputation for their food, friendly service, casual atmosphere and lively feel. I sat at the bar and was greeted with a friendly smile from MJ who was the bartender. She was spot on with suggestions for beverages (Makes one great martini!) and knows the wine, beer and spirits selection like the back of her hand. MJ was always quick with a smile and providing a laugh – it’s obvious she is well liked here (behind the bar) as everyone greets her upon entering the confines of Helsey’s. She is quick with a smile and greeting in return as well. I was there on a Friday night and the place was packed! However, orders where all received in a timely manner, prepared as I requested, served to expectation (they even asked if it was prepared as I requested) and was delicious. A wonderful place for couples, families, friends, solo and for a special event. I saw several tables that had either a Christmas party and or Birthday party. There was a couple by me at the bar (appeared to be locals) enjoy various craft beers. Another couple at the other end of the bar seemed to be enjoying the sampling of wines by the glass they ordered. MJ seemed to always find time to assure we were all taken care of from food to drink. All this while she filled drink orders for the entire restaurant. I really wanted to try the creole shrimp once I saw it pass by my eyes & nose – smelt wonderful, enticingly prepared and the people who ordered raved about it. I had already placed my order and was devouring my Caesar Salad (prepared as requested – w/ extra anchovies). I also ordered one of their amazing wood fired pizzas – I saw several of these tasty pies fly by to tables throughout the restaurant and they left an order filled trail that raised my hunger level. The “Local Cheese Board” was heaping with its offerings and the Coconut Curry Rice dish (appears to be a house specialty) grabbed my attention and woke up all my smelling senses. The family behind me were raving about the Filet and the Shrimp Saffron Orzo they ordered. My ears from all directions heard positive feedback from any dish at their table. I didn’t hear a complaint from anyone - other than the wait to get a table. I am a bit of a foodie and I would suggest this place from various perspectives – array of food offerings, wide variety of wines, selection of craft beers, the warm and comfy atmosphere and the friendly service provided. Enjoy & CHEERS!

Reviewed November 20, 2017 via mobile

Love coming to Halsey's.

They are located right downtown and it is always great to see the same faces everytime we visit.

They have amazing meatballs and fried kale! Love their bartender Julie as well. She has been there everytime we have sat at the bar. We have always had great servers anytime we sat in the dining area as well and food is always delicious!

The pizzas are great but a little too expensive and thin for what is offered. Overall a great higher end establishment in Geneva.

Reviewed November 20, 2017 via mobile

This is a great place with a super atmosphere. We sat upstairs so it was quaint and we could visit in a nice environment. They have a great Pear Martini. The meatball appetizer is a must have. The carnivore pizza is amazing. Don't miss this place.

Reviewed November 9, 2017

We enjoyed a lovely quiet evening dinner in a charming setting. The salad was fresh, crispy and delicious. The crab cakes were solid crab meat and among the best I've eaten. The meatball thin crust pizza was great to share. As we do not often eat pizza for the reason of feeling overly full on dense dough and heavy cheese this was just perfect to our liking. There are some nice choices of pizza flavors so we would enjoy a return visit. Service was friendly and appropriately attentive.