“Best reuben ever”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2016

On our way to tour a winery (3 Brothers--first rate!!) we stopped at Eddie O'Briens for lunch. Nice atmosphere despite a plethora of Yankees memorabilia. We were seated promptly and the iced teas we ordered were delivered quickly. Our food also arrived within a reasonable time, but then our waitress seemed to disappear. Our $2.50 iced teas were on the small side, and I couldn't finish my lunch without a refill. I finally had to go up to the hostess and ask her to find our waitress so I could get another one. She finally appeared (empty handed) and eventually another waitress arrived with refills. That kept this from being a 5 star review.

With that out of the way, let's talk food. They advertise their reubens as using "in house, slow cooked corned beef" and I can say without hesitation that it is the best I have ever had. The sandwich looked amazing, but even then I wasn't fully prepared for the taste explosion that occurred with the first bite. I am salivating just thinking about it. Words can't do it justice--if you like reubens, just go. You owe it to yourself to eat this. If you don't like reubens, try this anyways--it was that good.

I chose the fries for a side, and unfortunately they had a coating I didn't care for. They weren't awful, but I would have preferred them uncoated. My wife got the homemade chips and said they were great.

All in all a really good experience, and I would go back.

Reviewed July 11, 2016 via mobile

Great place to eat - four of us ate here - good service (not great but it was very busy) food was excellent and all four of us had no complaints - prices where ok for this mid ranged restaurant - overall a pleasant dining experience

Reviewed June 27, 2016

An out-of-town friend and I had dinner there last week. I've dined at the Canandaigua location and knew the food would be great. We were not disappointed!
My only negative is that it can be quite noisy, making it difficult to carry on a conversation.

Reviewed June 24, 2016

We ventured here for lunch and had the Philly cheese steak prime rib sandwich. Our sides were the homemade chips and the sweet potato fries. Everything was delicious. I'd definitely return.

Reviewed June 11, 2016 via mobile

Went in May when we were with Family, very good service and food not bad either, I would definatley recommend it certainly for food during the day, if you want something a little bit special or a romantic dinner this is not the place, but great value for money wholesome grub