“Like food”

Ling Ling Chinese Buffet
Ranked #72 of 94 Restaurants in Geneva
Reviewed January 10, 2018

Hot chicken[different chicken]noodles,ice cream,soda,hot things,spicy things,and we all love the food so much that we go there almost every day [when we have money] but other then that we love it more then any other restaurant in Geneva NY keep the same food and we love the low prices.

Reviewed December 21, 2017

Like many Chinese buffets, you pay a set price, then fill up your plates, and go back for seconds if you want. There are some obviously Western-style foods on the buffet, as well as some basic Chinese-American dishes. There is also a "Mongolian Grill," where you put raw ingredients on your plate, and they cook them together on a big hot grill. This kind of grill allows for reliably low-fat, high-fiber food if that's important to you. Another review says the workers there are rude, and I would have to agree that they are not well-socialized for interacting with middle-America, and they don't seem interested in even trying... most of the time, though, this isn't an issue.

2  Thank Thitherflit
Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

I didn’t even ave the buffet, thank the Lord. I ordered takeout - a shrimp roll and some shrimp fried rice. The roll was dripping with grease, no exaggeration. The fried rice was really colored rice with carrots and onions, with steamed shrimp packed on the side. Really really bad food.

1  Thank Fauzia T
Reviewed September 4, 2017

We didn't know that this was a real "help yourself" Chinese Buffet restaurant until we walked in: you pay up front before being seated, just like you make an order at any MD or KFC (so no tips). You pick up food and drinks, then sit and eat.
There is a "Mongolian grill" where a chef will cook a bunch of meat, veggies and sauces you selected for you. The note on the counter does say "no extra cost" for the service but you can give tips into the jar on the table.
The restaurant has typical Chinese Buffet selections, a lot of various fresh and tasty dishes. The baby clams was very delicious.

2  Thank cawxy
Reviewed June 28, 2017

When my friends want to eat out, they say "Let's go to Ling Lings". I try to get them to go somewhere else, but they love greasy food, and mono sodium glutamate(MSG). They love making a mad dash to the BATHROOM, 15 minutes after their meals. They all get the "runs" every single time, from all the MSG and all the additives. On top of that, the help in Ling Lings is so very rude. We've seen them pointing and laughing at overweight people. A Chinese History Professor I was with, was translating all the nasty remarks, the waitresses were making, in Chinese.
Recently, a girl I know, wanted to go, and once again, I tried to change her mind. But she insisted, so we went. My friend was in a good mood when she went in, but in 5 minutes, I could see the anger building because the Ling Lings help, were so obviously snippy and just plain RUDE. All the way home, my friend said "Never again!" I agree. And I'll tell you. The food isn't that good. And so much of the time, the pans are empty, and no one bothers to fill them. Sometimes the food is cold and stiff as a board. Nobody EVER smiles at you. And Heaven help you, if you go for seconds, like the senior citizen lady, they were pointing and laughing at, when she went back for more. There are better choices, like a quarter mile up the hill on 5 & 20 Geneva. I've had enough of the rude help, spoiling our nights out.

2  Thank johnmackowski