Sun Palm(Douz)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$100
US$81
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssahara desertcamel ridemini fridgelarge bedroomexcellent valuetourist hotelssuitesandstormphotographshundredstunisian
Reviewed June 22, 2015

I took an excursion to Sahara on June 5' 2015. I stayed overnight in El Mouradi after Sahara tour. My check in was so fast. The room was so nice and clean. Fully furnished with room amenities. I love the room.Traditional buffet dinner was so deliciroom.Staff are friendly. I had a good rest to continue to touzur. Love it!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed November 10, 2014

Me and my girlfriend stay in this hotel one night when we travel around Tunisia and Algeria this summer. Hotel is really nice with reception that can always help you with information. Douz is sand and small town in middle of desert but you can do a lot different stuff. We choose riding with camel to Sahara, than action with buggy on sand pile...and other. You have at least 1 or 2 day different activities around. Reception is nice like Tunisian 1001 stories. Room was big, clean with marble. Towels and shampoo around. The best was in the evening when sand storm hit us..stuff members said that something like that in that time of year..really rare. Hotel have nice pool that you can use it till morning.Swimming in pool and above hotel is sand storm..the best. Pool is in the middle of the hotel under the sky..Hotel food is really good with a wide selection. So for me very good stay..sad only for one night. But I will be back next time.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same. So door looks on the middle of the hotel where is pool.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IanNow2014
Reviewed October 20, 2014

We stayed at this hotel on a 2 day trip from Sousse. We were quite surprised to find this beautiful hotel next to the desert - our rooms were big and luxurious. Dinner was a buffet with soups, meat and desserts. Though it was only a one night stay we got a very good impression.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2014

Can't say I liked this hotel. I was tired of day-long bustrip and seeing the hotel was a joy, but the room didn't stant up to 4 stars - it had a air conditioner, but it didn't cool our room. My room was nr 144, lucky that I wasn't there at daytime, the view from windows wasn't nice. Unfortunately it was too dark to go swimming, but pool seemed nice.
In my opininon they gave to our group of one-nighters less than standard rooms.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2014

The staff here are lovely. The man that ran the shop, the staff in the restaurant, the chap in the Shisha Bar. They were fantastic. They were all chatty funny and lovely.

The hotel looked beautiful but it was all let down by the unbearable night we spent in our room.

The aircon was not powerful and we were roasting in the Sahara desert. We had to shut the bedroom door as the air conditioning was so so noisy! It was like being on a motorway with the rattling, buzzing and shaking.

We only stayed 1 night as part of an excursion so did not have time to explore the whole hotel.
Food was nice with some variety and the whole hotel seemed rather deserted and quiet, which was lovely.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple