“Stay away from this place!!”

Quality Inn Glens Falls
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Glens Falls
Ottawa, Canada
“Stay away from this place!!”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Visited August 2013. Absolutely disgusting place. The place smelled so bad, mold dirty. The sheets were wrinkled and looked as though they were unwashed, hair etc. The microwave was dirty and the fridge had human body hair in it. Dirty fingernail clippings in the top drawer of the night table stand. The pool room was too hot to stay in and the outdoor terrace was uncared for and even the few chairs and table that were out there were thrown up against the side wall. The exterior siding paint was falling off and the exterior door lock was broken and allowed anyone to enter. After complaining we were offered an upgraded room across the parking lot at the Econo Lodge. We went over to see the gentleman at the front desk, who was currently dealing with a client that was obviously upset about something, due to his yelling. We got a key and entered the room and it was larger but just as disgusting as the other place, not to mention the ceiling looked like it was going to fall down and dirty walls and the smell! I could go on but.......its making me ill just thinking about it. Stay away from this hole!

Room Tip: Don't go!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Pamela125

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
West Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I just returned from three days in Lake George. When we arrived Friday evening at about 7:30PM, we had a difficult time finding the hotel. The Econolodge sign was there but not Quality Inn. When we went in to register, the night clerk/manager? was sitting reading the paper and I joked that he needed to put up a sign so we could find the hotel. The response: crickets. No smile; no response. I think his name was Duane as we found out when I had to call Choice Central later on that night. He checked us in silently. Our room was on the first floor. When we opened the door, the room was small and smelled. The bed was barely made although it looked dirty. There was blood on the sheets. I looked at the night stand which had papers from the last person still there. It was also dirty as was the floor. The molding on the floor near the bed holding the floor to the rug was off with the nails sticking up. The bathroom was also filthy. Papers again from the last person there, nothing cleaned and the grout brown. I went back to the night clerk/manager. I told him about the condition of the room. Again crickets. He picked up the phone to evidently call the manager but not before he slowly took another reservation from someone on the phone. No "Can you wait one moment please?" No conversation at all. He sent a woman that could not speak English to clean the room and we left. We went down to the other QI in Lake George and the woman at the desk, not surprised by our story, found us a room at the Super 8. She also said they were charging us too much for the room. She knew how to treat a guest. The Super 8 was very clean and the management excellent. Then I called Choice Central at 800-424-6423 and they told us to return for our stuff and we did not have to pay the first night. Duane said nothing, handed us the receipt and we left. I would never stay in this hotel again. Someone needs to go in there and review the deplorable conditions. I know I am contacting AAA over it.

Room Tip: Although I always go to AA for my hotels and look at trip advisor for a recommendation, this time th...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MMZ235

Travellers are raving about these Glens Falls hotels

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 10 July 2013

The hotel is located next to Econolodge, another brand in Choice. I could not log on to the Quality network, but was successful with Econolodge. On first impression, - we did not like the hotel and should have left.

There is however a 7 days cutoff to cancel your reservation. This is unusual as most other hotels have 24 or 48 hours deadline for cancellation. If you book here, you might be handcuffed by “shyster rules”. As our bill amounted to $ 200, many may decide to try it out?

My wife did the «smudge test» in the bathroom. See picture with the result. The bathroom door touches the floor and has to been forced shut. The same problem applied to the entrance door which was ajar when we arrived.

The room was small and appeared cramped with all our luggage The cupboard with the TV should be tossed out and the flat screen TV could be attached to the wall. The carpet did not appear to be vacuumed for some time. When we did the smudge test on the carpet as well, that was dirty too. The entry door does not fit the frame and the creaks has been tried filled with tape. Some of the tape has gone away and you will hear voices in the corridor quite clearly. We were pestered by children running back and forth into the evening, without anyone telling them to behave.

The walls and roof appears thin as we could easily hear our neighbors. Internet runs fine, but we had to ask for the passwords to be written down, while we in the previous 45 Choice hotels this year have been given that without asking.

There is a large mall just across from this hotel with many the major brands. We picked the hotel due to this mall in order to shop comfortably.

We paid $ 200 for the room and that is much too much and bad value for a hotel room which is dirty. The Adirondack Park is located quite close to NY and that is probably why hotels here are that expensive?

The hotel appears a bit run down and some major renovation seems to be essential to improve conditions.

We lost a phone behind the bed stand. In retrieving it, we discovered some clipped nails. One issue is the behavior of a disgusting previous guest, another matter is that the cleaning crew does not understand the term “cleaning”.

The worst experience was actually “the hot breakfast” as it was advertized. There was simply no «hot breakfast»! Even 60 minutes after I complained on the non-existent hot breakfast, there was still no hot breakfast. The attendant (nights) seem uninterested in checking up the breakfast items. He went over and looked, and then fled to his safe place behind the front desk. If I had been the owner , I would have fired him on the spot. I also complained to a lady in the later day crew. She said that they needed time to correct this. 30 minutes later the “hot breakfast” still seemed “stuck in Hell”.

There was nowhere to sit at breakfast. A kind gentleman let us share his table. Look at the congested room, where some youngsters seems to roost before the waffle-maker. Are they totally unaware of that other guests may want access to the “feeding trough”?

The absolutely worst item was the checkout. When you check in, - we were told “that use of the safe will cost you $ 1,50”. We had not used the safe, and the bill had not been prepared before we asked for it. Never the less, - the cost for the safe that we had not used ,was included. The error was immediately corrected, but the lady ahead of us in “the queue of complaints”, - was having the same problems. Her final comment was “I will check this against my bank information when I get home? Mutual trust was apparently not an issue here?

I have written another “disgusting review” from a hotel in the Midwest this year with the heading; -”The hotel should be excluded from the Quality brand, no less!” I felt tempted to repeat that heading, but the first hotel was actually worse, - if that is even possible.

We paid $ 197 which is in essence $ 147 too much. The “hotel” seems to be run by a guy from Pakistan. I am baffled that these people does not grasp that offending treatment of guests will lead to digging their own grave as a future hotelier!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank phagerup
wappingers falls
Reviewed 7 June 2013

This motel is one of the best places I have visited. The front desk person Marchel was extreamly personable and helped in any way he could. The breakfast was very good and the place was very clean.Outside and inside the place was well maintained. I would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
BRATTLEBORO, VT
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Check-in was quick, room was fine. Room had a mini-fridge and microwave. The seat of the desk chair was missing its screws, so it could be lifted off. Breakfast was average, but they did not supply any cooking spray for the wafflers, so the waffle came out in pieces. Disappointed stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ILOVERMONT4
Potsdam, New York
Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

Spent a night here. The decor was fine and not too dated. However I noticed that the stairwell carpet was very overdue for vacuuming, the bathroom counter didn't appear to have been cleaned very well and the phone in our room didn't work. When people don't take time for the details, it makes me wonder what else they haven't bothered with that I may not have noticed. When we were checking out we asked about the local diners and the staff didn't seem to know anything about them...not much a way to help travelers! I would rather pay more and get a hotel of better quality. I would not choose to stay here again.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bohlcore
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 February 2013

We arrived and checked in, everything seemed fine. We put our young son to sleep & shortly after my husband noticed a bug crawling on the white sheet. I was horrified to see that it was in fact a bed bug. We stripped the bed and removed the head board only to find 4 more crawling on the back of it. I immediately notified the front desk clerk who seemed shocked. I asked if there were ever any bed bugs at this hotel & he replied "no never". Another guest then told me about a previous review and the clerk changed his story stating that it was "some time ago and only in one room". According to the review it was less than a month prior to our stay. I do not appreciate being lied to.

The clerk made arrangements for alternate hotel and we had to take our son out at almost midnight in 12 degree weather. They did not even offer us help with our bags. When I asked about laundry service he replied "sorry everything is closed, you can find something in the morning." We arrived at the new hotel and it could be described as deplorable at best. Tripadvisor didn't even give it a full 2 stars. We could not stay there. We drove and called hotels for well over an hour and found a Hilton 4 exits away that was able to take us in.

We spent close to $60 washing and boiling all of our clothing and bags, and had to purchase a new bag for our son because I refused to bring his old one home as it had been sitting on the bed bug bed. I called Choice Hotels, the parent company of Quality Inn, to report the problem. Two days later I received a letter that said they couldn't help and that I would have to take it up with the owner of the hotel. The owner also sent me a letter, clearly because he had been contacted by corporate, apologizing but also saying "We have visiting guests from all over the world and sometimes bring things with them". In short sorry but get over it. I am beyond appalled!!

They OBVIOUSLY DO NOT CARE THAT THEY HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM!!!!!!! I will never stay at any Choice Hotel again!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Bed bugs in rooms 209 and 211!!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Ramada Queensbury/Lake George
0.7 km away
Sleep Inn & Suites of Lake George
2.2 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)
3.7 km away
Days Inn Queensbury/Lake George

Been to Quality Inn Glens Falls? Share your experiences!