All reviewsnew year's evetaxi servicefree parkingboutique hotelclose to the airportminute ridebirthday partyrooms are comfortableairport hotelnight staystayed one nightsunday lunchdefinitely stay here againbooked this hotelcar parkfish and chipsbreakfast was excellent
Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

I used this hotel last year for some work I was doing in Staines. I was quite impressed for the very reasonable price. Because of this, when we won more work in Staines, I booked a week there. Again I was impressed and so were my colleagues. In spite of being near Heathrow, it is surprisingly quiet and the breakfasts were great with an excellent cooked menu, although I always stick with the uncooked and loved the fruit salad. We now use this hotel for all our work in West London. Good rooms, good price, good service and friendly staff.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Helena W, General Manager at The Stanwell Heathrow, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2017

Dear Kieran S,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback and thank you so much for all these lovely compliments. It’s absolutely amazing to read that you prefer our hotel and the service we provide during your stay. Each day, the entire team strive to deliver memorable experience for each guest and your compliments, are surely the best reward.
We look forward to welcoming you again very soon!
Kind Regards,
Helena Wysocki

Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

I would recommend this hotel for its cleanliness and 5 star service. Staff have been very helpful and got everything we needed for one nights stay. The only thing missing for me was a fridge in the room.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Amy W,
Thank you for posting your lovely comments following your visit. I am glad to see that you had an excellent stay and gave us a 5* review. Your lovely feedback has been shared with all the team.
Once again I thank you for your kind words and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kind Regards,
Helena Wysocki

Reviewed August 1, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for a family event nearby. It is advertised as being in the historic stanwell village...! Well there's nothing village about it...

This is a functional and newly refurbished airport hotel. The rooms are (or at least mine was) a good size with everything you need. The sounds of the airport and planes didn't seem too bad.

The staff were pleasant and the breakfast was good.

I would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2017

When on business in the area I would normally stay at the same hotel on the Thames, but it was booked up with tourists. So i opted for The Stanwell after reading reviews. I have to say the hotel itself is good and the staff are brilliant. The food is also very good with excellent choice.

When i booked in, I was told I had been upgraded and welcomed the offer. I entered the room which was big with a large bathroom. I showered, put the TV on whilst i did some work. After dinner i came back to the room and watched TV. Once the TV was turned off (around 11pm), I noticed an electronic buzzing sound (like an entrance buzzer) it stop after 10-15 seconds, the started again shortly after it. Thinking it was staff swapping shifts i tried to let it pass. But it sounded repeatedly and i timed it, every 7 minutes. I called reception before midnight and got no answer. I ducked my head under the duvet which dulled it a bit. I was awoke by the same buzzing at 6.15AM which i put up with as my alarm was set at 6.30.

After breakfast i approached the young lady on reception and informed her of my lack of sleep cause by the constant buzzing. After a blank look and more interested in me paying my bill, I went outside to investigate the cause.It turned out to be some metal cabinet just opposite and below the room. When i informed the receptionist of what is causing the buzzing, she indicated that no one else had complained about it. I shook my head and promptly left.

So if you intend to stay here and you get room 35 decline even though it is a so called upgrade.

Room Tip: Definitely not room 35, insist on another room
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2017

We actually stayed here for Royal Ascot but didn't realise how handy this hotel is for Heathrow.

The staff were great on arrival and all through our 2 day stay, very polite and extremely helpful.

The room was adequate for what we needed and was very clean and tidy. Had coffee/tea making facility also. Though the mattress was quite soft it was surprisingly comfortable and slept very well. The room was also very quiet, given the closeness to Heathrow we didn't have any disturbance and no noise whatsoever

Breakfast was nice. A cooked breakfast to order and all the usual alternatives (cereal, toast, continental etc)

Nothing much to do in Stanwell, we decided to dine out (rather than in the hotel) so had to travel into Staines which is only 10 minutes away in the car. However not much choice there so wished we'd dined at the hotel instead.

Would i stay here again? Not for Royal Ascot (pain getting the train from Staines) but if i was flying from Heathrow I probably would

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends