The Gallery Hotel(Greenport)(Great Value!)
US$310
Cliffside Resort Condominiums(Greenport)(Great Value!)
US$505
US$439
Hotels.com
Fordham House(Greenport)
US$414
US$330
US$415
US$359
The Blue Inn At North Fork(East Marion)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$245
Shelter Island House(Shelter Island)(Great Value!)
US$375
Official Site
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$462/night.

The Pridwin Hotel(Shelter Island)
US$288
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$334/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 24, 2015

We stayed here for one night. The property is a mix of splendid and pretty bad. The splendid: location, views from the rooms, access to a little rocky beach, the fresh sea air, the lawn with views of the water. The office staff is super nice and knowledgable of the area. They are friendly, offered beach towels, wine glasses and advice, all with a smile. Free wifi on the property. Working TV (limited channels but that was okay).

The pretty bad: We stayed in an upstairs room (two level walk up motel). The room is stuck in like the 1970's. The room had a stale odor. The air conditioner stopped working in the middle of the night. While clean, the room just felt and looked old and a bit decrepit. The bathroom had very dim lighting even with all of the four (mismatched) lightbulbs on. I could feel the metal springs in the mattress. The bedding was clean looking but ancient. The room needs a makeover. The exterior buildings, too, could use a little TLC. The stair cases felt and looked slightly rickety, lots of peeling paint....that kind of thing.

We paid about $200 for the one night stay.

I loved the view from the room and appreciated the kind and welcoming service in the office. The location was very good - an easy to drive to Greenport, the wineries and lots of local farms. If they would somehow be able to renovate the property and give it a true facelift, it would be awesome!!

Room Tip: Choose second level so you get a view of the water.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bkramer947
Reviewed August 3, 2015

take this review for what it is - I didn't stay there; I called to make a reservation... called and called during the hours they said they were available for reservations. Finally got lucky and someone answered the phone. Rude. They were booked on the date I preferred. Couldn't tell me the name of any properties in the area. Wouldn't even discuss other dates they might have vacancy. Just hung up on me. Oh well - hope they have something else going for them besides politeness.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Dave S
Reviewed May 5, 2015

My husband and I recently spent one night at the Sunset Motel. It was impeccably clean, the view was AMAZING and the lady at the front desk was so friendly and helpful. Yes the decor is a bit dated, but the bed was comfortable and the bathroom looked newly renovated. Decor isn't as important to me as cleanliness and this place was clean. I can't wait to go back. There is free WiFi but I couldn't connect while in my room. That wasn't a big deal to me though.

Room Tip: Room 8 is on the end and has great views!
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Michele B
Reviewed November 25, 2014

My wife and I spent a very relaxing weekend on the North Fork, enjoyed the view, beautiful sunsets, in a very friendly and comfortable motel, with adequately stocked kitchenette. Staff is very friendly and helpful regarding local amenities.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jimbo_Queens_NewYork
Reviewed October 27, 2014

The best feature is the expansive property, with ample lounge chairs and a great view of the Sound. A half flight of stairs down is a picnic area with a grill, and another flight takes you to a small rocky beach. It does not appear suitable for swimming, but it is a great place to sit on the rocks and enjoy the sea and spray.

The Motel is close to the One Woman. Kontokosta, and Sparkling Pointe vineyards. Each excellent in its own way, and very different. The town of Greenport is about a ten minute drive.

Rooms are in two buildings that have seen better days, with a small administrative building in between. Our room on the second floor of the western building, had four separate areas. You entered through a galley kitchen, with a European sized fridge and a range. If you care to eat in, it's fully equipped. Our bedroom held a full bed and a twin, which would work well for a couple with a child, although for the two of us, I would have preferred one king. Next was a living room/dining room with a 27" Samsung flatscreen, table and chairs, a couch. The last room was a screened in porch with lounge chairs and a mosaic tile table for taking coffee outside.
Steps led down to the back lawn, but the sea view was good from the living room or the porch.
The bath held a glass stall shower, toilet and older sink, but with marble top. Amenities were generic. Overall, the furnishings were dated, but exceptionally clean. Both the paint and carpet seemed to be new.

My only real complaint was with the bed, some new firmer mattresses would be nice. I suppose the wifi could be better.

There were many nice small touches - the wine glasses and corkscrew out and at the ready, individually wrapped cups in the bathroom, the small safe hidden in the closet.

Therese was welcoming, advising that I could check in immediately, when I made my reservation at about 10 that morning. We met Denise on the way out and she was delightful as well.

If you need pastries/coffee for breakfast, try the Blue Duck in Greenport.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple