“lunch”
Review of Tikal 1

Tikal 1
Ranked #32 of 74 Restaurants in Greenport
Reviewed January 4, 2017 via mobile

I oredered pork, rice and beans for 11 dollars. The price was good for the generous cut of pork I got. It was tasty, well cooked, and fresh. The tortilas were warm and fresh. They put just the right amount of spice in the yellow rice and the black beans. The service is OK. Since it is an informal place, the service was casual but fast.

1  Thank Al V

Reviewed October 19, 2016

Returned to see if their seafood stew was as good as I had remembered...it absolutely is that good, half a lobster, mussels,clams, chunky fish, scallops in a lovely broth.
As good or better than any of the bouillabaisse , cioppino or zarzuelas locally
This spot is a keeper !

Reviewed September 26, 2016

I'm the kind of person who only really sits down to write a review when I want to share a great place, warn people about a terrible place, or to complain about some affront that has been transgressed. Happily, this is for the first reason! I have eaten here 3 times now and I can probably say it is my favorite restaurant on the North Fork. (It helps that my favorite food is Mexican, though this has a lot of different influences.) I also love seafood, which the North Fork has plenty of, so it shouldn't be shocking when I say the Fish soup is my favorite. This is no ordinary fish soup. Close your eyes and you might think you are in Portugal. It is INSANELY good. I could go on and on about it, someone has spent hours on this soup! Clearly, the stock alone has been tended to all day. I think a full cull lobster is added, a delicious piece of fish is thrown in, mussels, shrimp and clams as well. The shocker here is the price! It is around $16. The bowl is HUGe and the topper is the rice that comes with it. It's delicious too! Now let me tell you about the chicken soup. The chicken is brought out first, a beautiful roasted piece with warm corn tortillas. The broth is brought out next. It's your job to put in the meat! Again, amazing! This will cure whatever ails you!!! From the modest plantanos (I don't share!!!!) to the burritos. Everyone who has had one has told me they are the best they've had. There is more to try: the ceviche, guacamole and chips are all worth stopping in for. They even have a fantastic mole sauce, (though it's a little spicy for my sweet tooth,) still, a winner for sure. I can't believe how good this place is and neither will you! I'm almost afraid to share it, when I eat there I notice myself hovering over my food like someone is going to come in and find me out! They also have a lovely little sangria that will charm you just like the food. The decor is authentic and the staff is very sweet (though sometimes there is a bit of a language barrier with some, and it can be a bit slow, though is seems to be picking up! ) But who cares anyway? You'll be too happy with the food to give a damn.

1  Thank joymariejp
Reviewed September 22, 2016 via mobile

Great service. Everything is made from scratch, even the tortillas which was such a pleasant surprise. The chipotle shrimp was really good. Did not have that overly strong chipotle smokiness to it. We tried the Jamaica drink, which is like a hibiscus tea that was not overly sweet, but a really refreshing change. I kind of wanted a gallon of it I liked it so much. The homemade green salsa was money. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed August 11, 2016 via mobile

I love Mexican food....so I wasn't sure I would love Guatemalan food. It was excellent. Many dishes are similar to what Im used to. A must try when in Greenport. Really delicious. Service was gracious and fast. We will definitely go again.

1  Thank lovetoeatout75