“Great Girls Golf Weekend!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Greenville
Sunny Hill Resort and Golf Course
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Greenville
Melrose, Massachusetts
“Great Girls Golf Weekend!!!”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We got away for a girls golf weekend last summer. We met Kevin (golf pro at Sunny Hill) and won the trip at a Golf Expo. We thought it would be just the thing to get away from the city stress. We had such a great time and would recommend it to anyone!!! The weather was amazing, both courses were in wonderful condition too! On our 3rd and final day at the resort, we had a 7:00am tee time (Ugh!) We had a really wonderful 18 holes at Thunderheart and our tee time was so early that we got quite a golfing experience! We must've seen about 10-15 deer grazing on the fairways along with other small furry woodland creatures, rabbits and the like- no bears! The food was amazing and the staff was so pleasant and friendly. We had a car ride that was a couple of hours long, and the staff allowed us to check out late so that we could shower and change after the 18 holes we had just played. I can't say enough great things about Sunny Hill. It's a family-run resort and everyone there cares about you and they will bend over backwards. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the same with the bathroom. We had a wonderful mountain view room that was so pleasant to wake up to each morning. The food was amazing and there was a great array served for all tastes, salads sandwiches, burgers, pastas, steak, fish you name it and it could basically be ordered. Desserts always had pies and ice cream sundaes. We'll definitely go back for a girls weekend and I'd go back for a golf weekend away with my husband too! If you do go, no matter how old you are, I'd highly recommend a ride or two in the Monster truck. We still laugh about that. Thank you to Kevin and everyone at Sunny Hill!!! Hope to see you all again soon!

Room Tip: If you have kids ask for a room near the pool or lake.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank CaitieM21

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Martinsville, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Went to Sunny Hill with a group of friends for the Adventure Weekend. This was my third time to Sunny Hill and this was the best trip yet!! Many of the families attending, this was their first time! Everyone had the best time. The food was good! The service exceptional!! The simple, clean rooms immaculate!! Having the opportunity to relax while the kids run free is priceless!! We especially enjoyed the cookout down by Lake Loree! I encourage everyone to try this place!! We will definately be returning again!!

Room Tip: Bring your own cocktails and snacks. You can bring wine with you to dinner and cocktails and snacks...
3 Thank Tara O
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 November 2011

A small back story-
Thirty-five years ago, my family started their yearly treks to the catskills. My mother was in her late teens, at the time. They would go on vacation with a big group of people, the 3-H as they called themselves, a group of friends who would go to dinner and dancing, vacation and enjoy alcoholic libations together. My great grandmother was a founding member of this group. When the all the children grew up and got married, they joined the group and so on and so on.

It was 3 years of vacations before they found Sunny Hill. It was perfect- golf, the lake, the pool, shuffle board. As the original members of the group aged, they still came and the younger ones took their place causing mayhem. When i was 5 years old, i made my first memorable trip to Sunny Hill. It was there that I met my dearest and oldest friend, whose parents had joined the group, the only outsiders at the time.

Every Labor Day Weekend, our families made the trek up. As we got older, some of us didn't make it because or work or school, and i was no exception. I had managed to go spend a day there a few times since high school, but this past year, I made the journey up with my grandmother, now 5 quarters of an hour old, and my 2 year old daughter. Though the place has changed is focus, now on the children and families, less on the older folks and activities of days in he past, i still felt welcome. I still felt loved and Gary, Wayne and Gail still knew who i was.

I cannot wait to watch my daughter grow up there. She is the 5th generation, we can't stop going now.

Room Tip: everywhere is nice, just keep in mind you will walk a lot more in the allendale and parchester
1 Thank elphie723
NY NY
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I adored this simple, clean, well organized, relaxation resort. Very nice family runs it. I'd go back in a heartbeat! Lots of family fun and quiet relaxation. Beautifyl views!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank deepage
Commack, New York, United States
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Back again from another fabulous Columbus Day weekend in Sunnyhill. As usual...everything was wonderful, the rooms, the staff, the food, the entertainment and activities. So much to do in such a limited amount of time...but the best part is how it ALL gets done. Whether it's the kids fishing while the adults play cards lakeside, or dancing the night away in the hall while the kids play manhunt and capture the flag with old and new friends. The many playgrounds, shuffle board, tennis and paddle ball courts provide the kind of good ole' fashioned play that we have all forgotten about. Sunnyhill is the kind of vacation I know I want my family to have, where my kids are OUTSIDE playing, running and laughing and making memories that will last them a LIFETIME!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank SunnyhillerJeannieC
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We go every Fall just for the weekend. We really enjoyed the helicopter rides. I really appreciated that everyone was accommodated even those on the waiting list! It truly was a great experience..thanks Sunny Hill :) My children were busy non-stop. In fact my daughter cried in hysterics upon our departure. She didn't do that at big time attractions on other trips. My children are ages 3.5 and 15 months, played in the Splash Pad, pool, playgrounds, fed the goats Cheerios, experience a row boat on Lake Loree, Just for Fun Rides, Dances both nights and of course ringing the bell for meals. My daughter would drop everything just to ring the bell...definitely a Sunny Hill thing that no other place has. At the dances at night, bring your own snacks and beverages..although there is a snack bar open as well for purchase. Sunny Hill has day trips as well. My husband enjoyed golfing. We stayed in the Austland. We have previously stayed in the Parkchester (too far of a walk for me with a young child) and Country Squire. Austland is definitely my favorite! As far as meals, we had no issues and enjoyed the home cooking. It's not fancy..no dressing up required which is great with kids! There were also two choices at lunch and dinner with one "kid option". This forced my children to eat what was provided. We also brought yogurt and snack for our kids. We had a refrigerator in the room. Sunny Hill is a place where returning guests come every year and in groups. However, if your not in a group, there are always kids running around and all guests are friendly. I also appreciate the gratuity guide for housekeeping and wait staff...It's helpful and not that expensive. Prior to leaving, we booked for next Sept. 2012!

1 Thank Tbrinkmann
Hicksville, New York
Reviewed 25 September 2011

My family and I just came back from an Adventure Weekend at Sunny Hill Resort. My children ages 8 & 5 flew around the Catskill Mountains in a helicopter, climbed a rock wall, and took rides in Army Vehicles. It was one of the best weekends that we have ever had. There is nothing better than having family time that creates memories that last a lifetime. You cannot beat the price and the service. This is a must do....

Room Tip: There are many different size rooms. Call Sunny Hill and let them help you find the right room for...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenville
38.1 km away
22.9 km away
Catskill Mountain Lodge
Catskill Mountain Lodge
#1 of 1 in Palenville

Been to Sunny Hill Resort and Golf Course? Share your experiences!