“Another fantastic stay at this lovely B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Haines Falls
Rosehaven Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Haines Falls B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 June 2011

Came back for Memorial Day weekend after having such an amazing stay last year. It was just as good! Hosts are so lovely, welcoming and knowledgeable about the area. Bedroom was very comfortable, bed was heavenly, bathroom enormous, plenty of hot water. Air-conditioning works very well or you can go with open windows and the ceiling fan (important in the summer even up in the Catskills!). The common areas are just gorgeous too - the details in every piece of furniture, stained glass, and wall covering make it so special. Breakfast was simply outstanding - each morning we were welcomed with a smile, coffee or tea, orange juice, a baked good (the scones are still my favorite), a sweet dish (in our three days we had Belgian waffles, pancakes, and insanely delicious baked French toast with a blueberry bottom), and an egg dish. Diet buster :) We were so full that we didn't even need lunch on our hikes. On that note, get their advice - great knowledge of local area and how to enjoy these beautiful mountains.
Writing this review makes me want to go back!!!
Enjoy the Catskills!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Rosehaven Inn Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 22 February 2011

My husband and I stayed at Rosehaven twice and plan to go back. The place is beautiful and very relaxing and peaceful. The rooms are gorgeous with very comfortable beds and furniture and the bathrooms with the spa bathtubs are fantastic. The innkeeper, Kelly, is great. She makes you feel right at home and gives fantastic recommendations for things to do in the area. Her restaurant in town, Curran's, is amazing. We went skiing at Hunter when we were up there in the winter and over the summer Kelly recommended we hike down the river below Kaaterskill Falls and it was amazing. There are tons of great restaurants and shops in town, and lots of great things to see and hiking to do nearby. The area is really beautiful.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2011

This was our first stay at a B&B and I must say we were exremely happy with our choice to stay at Rosehaven Inn. We arrived after check in time. Kelly left our key along with a letter with info regarding places to grab a bite to eat when we arrived, breakfast times, etc.... We stayed in room 3, it was very spacious. The room had everything you could want or need (except for an iron). Plenty of drawer and closet space (had hangers in it). There was soap and shampoo in the shower (which was very appreciated being that my boyfriend thought I packed the soap and I thought he packed it! lol). There is also a pillar candle next to the tub, very relaxing, not very comfortable for two people, down fall is that there are NO steps to get in & out of the tub so be careful. The bed was amazing!!! Everytime I go away, without fail, I don't get any sleep. I slept better in their bed than I do in my own :)) Room was immaculate.

The house is beautiful with a lovely wrap around porch with several seating areas all around the porch. Great view of the mountains.

Breakfast was phenominal (not good if you're on a diet lol). The 1st morning, Kelly made blueberry muffins, pumpkin pancakes, & a brocolli/cheese quiche. The 2nd morning we had a homemade scone w/ fruit and white chocolate along with french toast, ham & cheese quiche, and fresh fruit. We were extremely impressed with both breakfasts.

About 2 miles away there are plenty of places to eat/drink. We ate dinner one night at Curran's (owned by Kelly & Sean). Food & service were great. We ate twice at Last Chance Cheese & Antiques: funny name but good food, service is a bit slow so if you're in a rush I do not recommend this place. Sean was extremely helpful with giving us ideas as to what we could (we didn't want to ski): two snow mobile rental places, horse back riding, hiking, etc... We chose to do snow mobiling at Rip Van Winkle's (this one is a guided tour, the other one is not guided). It's about 1 mile from Rosehaven, $40 p/p for 1/2 hour, $80 p/p for 1 hour. It was our first time and we enjoyed it.

My only two negatives to Rosehaven were the breakfast times (8:30-9:30) we came there for a quiet weekend getaway away from the kids, etc..... so it would've been nice to be able to sleep in a bit longer instead of rushing out of bed to go down to eat. I think 9-10 or 10:30 would've been nice. Second, the entire parking lot was a sheet of ice, we almost fell several times. Some ice melt would've been nice. These are not major concerns but it was the only dislike we encountered. I'd like to return in the fall for the foliage and hiking.

Kelly and Sean were very nice and welcoming. You barely even knew they were there yet they were always available if you needed them.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2011

I just returned from a weekend at the Rosehaven Inn and I was MORE then impressed. I have stayed at many hotels and Bed and Breakfasts in my travels and this one was by far the best. The owners were amazing people that made you feel so comfortable and welcome and the breakfast each morning was out of this world. You would be making a huge mistake if you stayed anywhere else when in the area. Rooms were clean and spacious and the entire Inn was so well kept. The views amazing and the porch is a great addition that many do not have. Can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2010

I just returned from a great weekend at the Rosehaven Inn, where we stayed in room 2. We booked a room after a recommendation from NYMagazine (http://nymag.com/travel/weekends/kaaterskillfalls/). I loved our stay-- we arrived late, and Kelly left the keys and instructions for us. We had no problems getting into the room and getting settled--she even had a list of restaurants open after 9 pm! We were the only guests in the B&B that weekend, and Kelly offered up custom breakfasts every morning to suit our preferences (I highly recommend the cheesy eggs and I loved Kelly's baked muffins/breads!). After our meal, Kelly shared some great hiking tips for our first day, and suggested a gorgeous drive and some restaurants to check out for our second day. We really enjoyed all of her suggestions. The rooms are cozy and romantic, and it truly was a tough choice every day whether to stay in by the fireplace/hot tub or go out and explore the beautiful nature outside. Kelly is a professional and warm hostess, and I highly recommend this B&B as a place with good food, breathtaking views, lots of privacy, and great amenities. I also recommend the other suggestions for restaurants/things to do from the New York magazine article, for those interested in the trip.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2010

We travelled from New York for a relaxing getaway and we certainly found just that in Rosehaven Inn. It was simply wonderful. The rooms are just as they are described and pictured: luxuriously appointed, quite spacious and incredibly clean. The house itself is absolutely gorgeous, from wraparound porch to the beautifully decorated common rooms to the exquisite wallpapers. Moreover, the grounds and surrounding scenery are simply stunning. Best of all, innkeeper Kelly is a delight. She gave us exact directions that helped us find the inn after dark, as we arrived very late. Although she had retired for the evening, she left us a welcoming note that explained everything we needed to know about the workings of the room. She's very attentive at breakfast, ensuring that each guest has the breakfast they desire. And she's full of info about the area's amenities, including her new restaurant venture. We had an outstanding dinner at Curran's on their prix fixe night (a real bargain). The food and service were excellent. The chef even offered vegetarian options not on the menu. Our getaway was a very special occasion for us. It was made all the more special by staying at Rosehaven. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GayleNYC
Reviewed 18 October 2010

Me and my girlfriend stayed at the Rosehaven this past weekend and we had a great time. Kelly and her husband were terrific hosts. The inn was very nicely appointed, very clean, very welcoming, and the breakfast was excellent. The house itself is beautiful. What really makes a B&B stay pleasant are the hosts. They provided not only a great breakfast both days but also tips as to where to hike and where to eat. This is a really well run B&B. The breakfasts included and egg dish both days, fresh fruit, fresh baked banana bread, breakfast cinnamon roll, pancakes, pecan waffles, fresh coffee, and orange juice. The mid October timeframe was great since the area foliage was in full-color stage. It was quite stunning. The room had a jacuzzi, fireplace, spacious bathroom, television, in room mini-fridge, and wonderful views of the property and surrounding landscape. They were totally cool with us leaving a little after checkout time on Sunday so we could hike the local Kaaterskill Falls. We hiked the escarpment trail by North-South Lake (7 miles with amazing views), drove to Belleayre Mtn for Oktoberfest, took a drive to Woodstock, and went to Saugerties on the way home. Highly recommended

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
10.3 km away
Fairlawn Inn
Fairlawn Inn
#1 of 3 in Hunter

Been to Rosehaven Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!