My wife and I stayed at Rosehaven to celebrate our anniversary and we found it to be the perfect romantic getaway. We loved our stay there and can't wait to go back. Kelly, the owner, came out to meet us as we pulled in the parking lot. She could not have been nicer or more helpful. She gave us a tour of the house which is absolutely phenomenal! She showed us to our room which looked exactly like it did in the picture on their website. And to top it off, breakfast the next morning was delicious! Here are some other things that we liked about Rosehaven that we thought were unique and noteworthy:
1. Peace and quiet, inside and out - Nestled in the woods, a 1/2 mile from any main road, the property was peaceful and relaxing and even though the other 3 rooms in the house were occupied, we didn't hear a sound from the other guests.
2. When Kelly gave us the tour of the house she took us into palor room with a bar. On top of the bar was a binder filled with menus from the local restaurants (nice feature). Behind the bar were cutting boards, wine glasses, etc. that we were welcome to use. Great for wine and cheese or an afternoon snack. Again, a nice touch.
3. There were complimentary items throughout - in our room, there was a small fridge with complimentary soft drinks. Also in our room was a small candy dish with Hershey kisses. They also had a Keurig coffee maker in the dining area and we were welcome to help ourselves to coffee whenever we wanted.
4. If your looking for a nice memento from your stay, Rosehaven sells these beautifully handcrafted mugs at a very reasonable price.
Negatives about Rosehaven - there weren't any!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A romantic and charming B&B inn located in the Catskill region near Hunter Mountain and Kaaterskill Falls. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Rosehaven Inn b&b
- Rosehaven Hotel Haines Falls