All reviewshunter mountainbreakfast was deliciouswrap around porchhighly recommend this b bother guestsrooms are beautifulcommon areasa wonderful staygreat hikingroom was spaciousfireplacetannersvilletubsprivacybedding
Reviewed August 29, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Rosehaven Inn for a romantic getaway in the Catskills. We had a great experience. Our room was clean and nicely decorated, with a whirlpool bath and a small porch. The Rosehaven felt very homey, sort of like staying with your nice Aunt. The owner, Kelly, was extremely helpful in giving us advice on where to go in the area, and made us a nice breakfast in the morning. We also loved their old deaf golden retreiver Gandalf, and big maine coon Streak.

The Rosehaven was a little hard to find, but only because our GPS led us to the wrong side of the road. It's better to rely on the directions on the website.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2011

My wife and I stayed at Rosehaven to celebrate our anniversary and we found it to be the perfect romantic getaway. We loved our stay there and can't wait to go back. Kelly, the owner, came out to meet us as we pulled in the parking lot. She could not have been nicer or more helpful. She gave us a tour of the house which is absolutely phenomenal! She showed us to our room which looked exactly like it did in the picture on their website. And to top it off, breakfast the next morning was delicious! Here are some other things that we liked about Rosehaven that we thought were unique and noteworthy:
1. Peace and quiet, inside and out - Nestled in the woods, a 1/2 mile from any main road, the property was peaceful and relaxing and even though the other 3 rooms in the house were occupied, we didn't hear a sound from the other guests.
2. When Kelly gave us the tour of the house she took us into palor room with a bar. On top of the bar was a binder filled with menus from the local restaurants (nice feature). Behind the bar were cutting boards, wine glasses, etc. that we were welcome to use. Great for wine and cheese or an afternoon snack. Again, a nice touch.
3. There were complimentary items throughout - in our room, there was a small fridge with complimentary soft drinks. Also in our room was a small candy dish with Hershey kisses. They also had a Keurig coffee maker in the dining area and we were welcome to help ourselves to coffee whenever we wanted.
4. If your looking for a nice memento from your stay, Rosehaven sells these beautifully handcrafted mugs at a very reasonable price.

Negatives about Rosehaven - there weren't any!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2011

My fiance had taken me here for a long weekend out of the city. This was a charming place, removed from the hectic mess of the city. The rooms and bedrooms/bathrooms were all very well appointed, clean and luxurious - our room even had a cozy fireplace to keep us warm on those cool fall nights. The home is pretty much surrounded by woods as well which gives a nice secluded feel.

The inn was charming but felt a bit dark and spooky, I suppose it goes along with the rustic catskills feel but at times I felt uneasy. Everything here was good but nothing wowed me (I've only stayed in a few b&b's though). The location was fine, not within walking distance of anything but close enough to drive to canoe, hike, restaurants etc.

Overall a very comfortable stay but I didn't feel that it was extraordinary, and it was pretty pricey.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Came back for Memorial Day weekend after having such an amazing stay last year. It was just as good! Hosts are so lovely, welcoming and knowledgeable about the area. Bedroom was very comfortable, bed was heavenly, bathroom enormous, plenty of hot water. Air-conditioning works very well or you can go with open windows and the ceiling fan (important in the summer even up in the Catskills!). The common areas are just gorgeous too - the details in every piece of furniture, stained glass, and wall covering make it so special. Breakfast was simply outstanding - each morning we were welcomed with a smile, coffee or tea, orange juice, a baked good (the scones are still my favorite), a sweet dish (in our three days we had Belgian waffles, pancakes, and insanely delicious baked French toast with a blueberry bottom), and an egg dish. Diet buster :) We were so full that we didn't even need lunch on our hikes. On that note, get their advice - great knowledge of local area and how to enjoy these beautiful mountains.
Writing this review makes me want to go back!!!
Enjoy the Catskills!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Rosehaven twice and plan to go back. The place is beautiful and very relaxing and peaceful. The rooms are gorgeous with very comfortable beds and furniture and the bathrooms with the spa bathtubs are fantastic. The innkeeper, Kelly, is great. She makes you feel right at home and gives fantastic recommendations for things to do in the area. Her restaurant in town, Curran's, is amazing. We went skiing at Hunter when we were up there in the winter and over the summer Kelly recommended we hike down the river below Kaaterskill Falls and it was amazing. There are tons of great restaurants and shops in town, and lots of great things to see and hiking to do nearby. The area is really beautiful.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple