All reviewshunter mountainbreakfast was deliciouswrap around porchhighly recommend this b bother guestsrooms are beautifulcommon areasa wonderful staygreat hikingroom was spaciousfireplacetannersvilletubsprivacybedding
Reviewed August 21, 2010

This place has got to be the cleanest B&B I’ve ever seen. In fact, it’s cleaner than anyone’s house I’ve ever seen -- including my own. Another related plus, is the incredibly fresh air and the beautiful surroundings. The renovation that the owners have done on this house is stunning.

The room itself was pretty standard for a nice B&B and as described on the web site. A nice feature is the phone in the room with a direct line to call the owners. It seems less invasive than knocking on their door if you need something.

A word of warning: if you are not light on your feet: the shower/Jacuzzi is quite slippery and is not easy to get in and out of. There is no grab bar and the edges of the sliding door are not pleasant to land on. The Jacuzzi is very comfortable and clean. However, I did not care for the feature that it automatically spews bubbles. I’d like to have the option of clear water or adding bubble bath myself. On the plus side, you definitely do not have to shower before taking a soak; we are talking a lot of bubbles.

Although the view is spectacular, if you do like the outdoors, you might be disappointed that there really is nowhere to walk on or around the grounds.

Now for the real disappointment: we both thought the breakfast was terrible. For me, one of the pleasures of a B&B is a scrumptious breakfast prepared by people who love food. I know it’s not to everyone’s taste, but I do enjoy something sweet with my breakfast. However this breakfast went way overboard. A very sweet quickbread/coffee cake was followed by a small egg dish and a large serving of French toast/waffles. Quality was mixed. One day there was a nice smattering of fruit. The other day the fruit was absolutely hard and not edible, at least not by me. The French toast was mushy and the quiche made with what was apparently a frozen crust.

In sum, the accommodations are nice … the breakfast not so much.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travel_LadyNYC
Reviewed July 23, 2010

We stayed at Rosehaven on the 5th of June 2010 for 3 nights. Kelly the owner really makes you feel very welcome in her 'Home' The house is fabulous, the location is fabulous, the rooms are excellent. we stayed in room no.1, very bright, airy and we had a good nights sleep on the very comfortable bed!!The breakfast is fantastic, Kelly bakes fresh homebaked muffins/cakes every morning for breakfast!!
We had a wonderful peaceful stay in the mountains, we travelled from London to Annapolis, then onto Hunter Mountain and found Rosehaven was the perfect retreat from travelling, we instantly felt relaxed the minute we arrived!!

I can highly recommend it!! I would not hesitate to retun.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2010

Rosehaven Inn is one of the most restful b&b's that we've stayed at. The location is great...quiet, but accessible. The inn itself is beautifully restored and very clean, and we could hear very little noise from the rest of the house. The innkeeper was friendly and helpful, but she was also respectful of our time and privacy. Our only disappointment was that breakfast was not terribly interesting, but it was tasty and filling.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2010

Stayed two nights in May. Even more beautiful than pictures on their website. Mountain views, complete wrap around porch with adorable dog, lovely interior details like marble bar and plush sitting room. DH said the dining room is a place he would love to have Thanksgiving - that's how welcoming this place is. Bedroom was lovely with fireplace, heat/air, ceiling fan, mini-fridge, and whirlpool tub. Bed was comfy with nice linens, but very high - had to use steps to get in :) Breakfast was amazing and absolutely diet-busting - waffles, french toast, homemade scones and muffins, and omelet.
Plenty of great dining options about four miles away in Tannersville - like many other reviewers we fell in love with Poncho Villa (the margaritas are excellent).
Absolutely loved this B&B - we can't wait to go back for the leaves in autumn!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2010

My husband and I just got back from a weekend trip to the Catskills to celebrate our first anniversary. We stayed at Rosehaven Inn from April 29 -- May 2. It was the first B&B experience for both of us, and after the weekend we had there, it will not be our last!

The house itself is absolutely beautiful. It's immaculate and wonderfully decorated, and it epitomizes old world charm. My husband is not easily impressed with hotels, but he raved about this place the whole time we were there!

We stayed in Room 2, which was just as gorgeous as the rest of the house. But even more impressive than the room's beauty was the fact that it was completely and utterly spotless! There was not a speck of dust to be found, and you could see your reflection in the bathroom faucets. And the attention to detail was amazing. The room included a small refrigerator that was stocked with bottled water and sodas (that were immediately replaced whenever we used them). There was also a DVD player with our TV and a collection of movies downstairs that we could select from. They also had a small area downstairs with glasses, corkscrews, wine stoppers, mugs and other items that you could borrow if you so chose. And as a pleasant surprise, we would go out during the day and return to our room to find that it had been completely cleaned (with towels washed and trash emptied) -- a really nice touch since we were fully expecting to maintain the room ourselves.

As for breakfast, the food was delicious! While we were there, we got to enjoy pancakes, waffles, eggs, quiche and the freshest of fruit. There were even a few unique treats, my favorite of which were corn muffins filled with jam. Everything was out of this world.

Kelly and Sean, the owners, were exceptionally kind and helpful. They know pretty much everything there is to know about the area and gladly gave us directions and tips whenever we needed. They also assured us that if we ever needed anything during our stay, to knock on their door (they stay in a closed-off section of the house) or give them a call if they're not home. Yet as accessible as they are, they also understand that their guests may want privacy, so they give you a key to the house and then leave you to your vacation, allowing you to come and go as you please. The only time we really saw them was every morning at breakfast.

The only thing I would say (and this is not so much about Rosehaven as much as it is about the area in general) is that if you are new to the area and are planning to visit during the offseason -- which I guess is the Fall and Spring months -- bring something to do at night. There really isn't anything to do after dark in nearby Tannersville or Hunter other than some really cute restaurants (two of which I HIGHLY recommend are Pancho Villa's and Curran's -- the latter is owned by Kelly and Sean). There is plenty to do during the daytime -- lots of hiking trails, canoeing, horseback riding. But most of the activities shut down by 6 p.m. So, if you're planning to visit in the offseason like we did, bring movies, books, cards -- anything to pass the time once you're finished with dinner.

Overall, my husband and I had a fantastic anniversary weekend, and it was due in large part to Rosehaven Inn and the outstanding hospitality of Kelly and Sean.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple