“PERFECT IN EVERY WAY”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Haines Falls
Rosehaven Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Haines Falls B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 October 2010

We celebrated our anniversary here and were not disappointed. Jane was innsitting for Kellly, and what a gem she is!! Kelly need not worry that her inn, guest, (and her animals!) are well taken care of in her absence. Jane cheerfully greeted us and made us feel welcome from the minute we walked up the steps to the inn. The wrap around porch was great. We had some cheese, crackers, and wine there one afternoon after hiking and also enjoyed browsing the books about the local area that are found in the sitting room.
Jane was very knowledgable about the area, and we also received tips from the other guests about hiking. We went to the beer and wine festival at Hunter Mountain and met up with another couple also staying at the inn. This was their 3rd visit and we can understand why they keep coming back.
We stayed 3 nights in Room 2. It was beautiful! The bathroom is very spacious! The deck was wonderful, and a lot bigger than I thought it would be.
Breakfast was fantastic. Starting with baked items and then a plate wiith an egg dish, fruit, and waffles or pancakes. My husband was glad to help me finish mine each morning and what we could not finish, Jane kindly wrapped for us to take along on our journey of the day.
We both loved this place, the hostess, the dog and cat, and the other guests. Everything was great, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 September 2010

My husband stayed 2 nights in september. We stayed in room 3 which was very nice. we had a gas fireplace, jacuzzi tub, mini fridge. the views were beautiful, the inn beautiful and the owners were wonderful friendly people who are extremely helpful. The breakfast both days were very good. The inn is conveniently located on a quiet street. the wrap around porch is great for enjoying a glass of wine. We had plenty of privacy and the only time we really ran into other people was at breakfast and we enjoyed their company. The surrounding towns were enjoyable and the hike to katerskills falls was fun. I would love to go back.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2010

Beautiful house, rooms are clean and decorated tastefully with fire place and big jacuzzi tub, comes with pumps of shampoo,conditioner, shower gel and lotion, little fridge with soda and water, comfy beds, and super quiet!!! Kelly is extremely friendly, available, but gives you plenty of anonymity.

Great for a two day getaway from the city, very close, easy to get to, and you're suddenly in the middle of a tiny town in the mountains, air is amazingly fresh. The town is very cute with a selection of restaurants and cute little shops, and super easy hike to a gorgeous water fall down the street!

I absoultely loved the breakfast: delicious home-made coffee cake, blue-berry and peach pancakes, frittadas, french toast and fresh fruit!

The mix of folks staying at the place were very eclectic, so not awkward during breakfast at all...total great mix of all different types of people, and accepting atmosphere!

Overall great experience!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2010

Wow.. the person who wrote prior to me is a tough critic. This has been the third time my husband and I have been to the Rosehaven. We found it charming that Kelly offered us different options for breakfast... which we have never been disappointed in all three visits. We thought the breakfast was delicious. We love nature and hiking and just being outdoors. This place fulfills that aspect of what we need. Kelly has consistently been helpful in discovering new hidden spots when we are there. The common room, bar, dining area, porch, view, etc. where all beautiful and a place my husband will enjoy returning to.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2010

This place has got to be the cleanest B&B I’ve ever seen. In fact, it’s cleaner than anyone’s house I’ve ever seen -- including my own. Another related plus, is the incredibly fresh air and the beautiful surroundings. The renovation that the owners have done on this house is stunning.

The room itself was pretty standard for a nice B&B and as described on the web site. A nice feature is the phone in the room with a direct line to call the owners. It seems less invasive than knocking on their door if you need something.

A word of warning: if you are not light on your feet: the shower/Jacuzzi is quite slippery and is not easy to get in and out of. There is no grab bar and the edges of the sliding door are not pleasant to land on. The Jacuzzi is very comfortable and clean. However, I did not care for the feature that it automatically spews bubbles. I’d like to have the option of clear water or adding bubble bath myself. On the plus side, you definitely do not have to shower before taking a soak; we are talking a lot of bubbles.

Although the view is spectacular, if you do like the outdoors, you might be disappointed that there really is nowhere to walk on or around the grounds.

Now for the real disappointment: we both thought the breakfast was terrible. For me, one of the pleasures of a B&B is a scrumptious breakfast prepared by people who love food. I know it’s not to everyone’s taste, but I do enjoy something sweet with my breakfast. However this breakfast went way overboard. A very sweet quickbread/coffee cake was followed by a small egg dish and a large serving of French toast/waffles. Quality was mixed. One day there was a nice smattering of fruit. The other day the fruit was absolutely hard and not edible, at least not by me. The French toast was mushy and the quiche made with what was apparently a frozen crust.

In sum, the accommodations are nice … the breakfast not so much.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travel_LadyNYC
Reviewed 23 July 2010

We stayed at Rosehaven on the 5th of June 2010 for 3 nights. Kelly the owner really makes you feel very welcome in her 'Home' The house is fabulous, the location is fabulous, the rooms are excellent. we stayed in room no.1, very bright, airy and we had a good nights sleep on the very comfortable bed!!The breakfast is fantastic, Kelly bakes fresh homebaked muffins/cakes every morning for breakfast!!
We had a wonderful peaceful stay in the mountains, we travelled from London to Annapolis, then onto Hunter Mountain and found Rosehaven was the perfect retreat from travelling, we instantly felt relaxed the minute we arrived!!

I can highly recommend it!! I would not hesitate to retun.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2010

Rosehaven Inn is one of the most restful b&b's that we've stayed at. The location is great...quiet, but accessible. The inn itself is beautifully restored and very clean, and we could hear very little noise from the rest of the house. The innkeeper was friendly and helpful, but she was also respectful of our time and privacy. Our only disappointment was that breakfast was not terribly interesting, but it was tasty and filling.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
10.3 km away
Fairlawn Inn
Fairlawn Inn
#1 of 3 in Hunter

Been to Rosehaven Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!