All reviewshunter mountainbreakfast was deliciouswrap around porchhighly recommend this b bother guestsrooms are beautifulcommon areasa wonderful staygreat hikingroom was spaciousfireplacetannersvilletubsprivacybedding
Reviewed September 30, 2010

My husband stayed 2 nights in september. We stayed in room 3 which was very nice. we had a gas fireplace, jacuzzi tub, mini fridge. the views were beautiful, the inn beautiful and the owners were wonderful friendly people who are extremely helpful. The breakfast both days were very good. The inn is conveniently located on a quiet street. the wrap around porch is great for enjoying a glass of wine. We had plenty of privacy and the only time we really ran into other people was at breakfast and we enjoyed their company. The surrounding towns were enjoyable and the hike to katerskills falls was fun. I would love to go back.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2010

Beautiful house, rooms are clean and decorated tastefully with fire place and big jacuzzi tub, comes with pumps of shampoo,conditioner, shower gel and lotion, little fridge with soda and water, comfy beds, and super quiet!!! Kelly is extremely friendly, available, but gives you plenty of anonymity.

Great for a two day getaway from the city, very close, easy to get to, and you're suddenly in the middle of a tiny town in the mountains, air is amazingly fresh. The town is very cute with a selection of restaurants and cute little shops, and super easy hike to a gorgeous water fall down the street!

I absoultely loved the breakfast: delicious home-made coffee cake, blue-berry and peach pancakes, frittadas, french toast and fresh fruit!

The mix of folks staying at the place were very eclectic, so not awkward during breakfast at all...total great mix of all different types of people, and accepting atmosphere!

Overall great experience!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2010

Wow.. the person who wrote prior to me is a tough critic. This has been the third time my husband and I have been to the Rosehaven. We found it charming that Kelly offered us different options for breakfast... which we have never been disappointed in all three visits. We thought the breakfast was delicious. We love nature and hiking and just being outdoors. This place fulfills that aspect of what we need. Kelly has consistently been helpful in discovering new hidden spots when we are there. The common room, bar, dining area, porch, view, etc. where all beautiful and a place my husband will enjoy returning to.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2010

This place has got to be the cleanest B&B I’ve ever seen. In fact, it’s cleaner than anyone’s house I’ve ever seen -- including my own. Another related plus, is the incredibly fresh air and the beautiful surroundings. The renovation that the owners have done on this house is stunning.

The room itself was pretty standard for a nice B&B and as described on the web site. A nice feature is the phone in the room with a direct line to call the owners. It seems less invasive than knocking on their door if you need something.

A word of warning: if you are not light on your feet: the shower/Jacuzzi is quite slippery and is not easy to get in and out of. There is no grab bar and the edges of the sliding door are not pleasant to land on. The Jacuzzi is very comfortable and clean. However, I did not care for the feature that it automatically spews bubbles. I’d like to have the option of clear water or adding bubble bath myself. On the plus side, you definitely do not have to shower before taking a soak; we are talking a lot of bubbles.

Although the view is spectacular, if you do like the outdoors, you might be disappointed that there really is nowhere to walk on or around the grounds.

Now for the real disappointment: we both thought the breakfast was terrible. For me, one of the pleasures of a B&B is a scrumptious breakfast prepared by people who love food. I know it’s not to everyone’s taste, but I do enjoy something sweet with my breakfast. However this breakfast went way overboard. A very sweet quickbread/coffee cake was followed by a small egg dish and a large serving of French toast/waffles. Quality was mixed. One day there was a nice smattering of fruit. The other day the fruit was absolutely hard and not edible, at least not by me. The French toast was mushy and the quiche made with what was apparently a frozen crust.

In sum, the accommodations are nice … the breakfast not so much.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travel_LadyNYC
Reviewed July 23, 2010

We stayed at Rosehaven on the 5th of June 2010 for 3 nights. Kelly the owner really makes you feel very welcome in her 'Home' The house is fabulous, the location is fabulous, the rooms are excellent. we stayed in room no.1, very bright, airy and we had a good nights sleep on the very comfortable bed!!The breakfast is fantastic, Kelly bakes fresh homebaked muffins/cakes every morning for breakfast!!
We had a wonderful peaceful stay in the mountains, we travelled from London to Annapolis, then onto Hunter Mountain and found Rosehaven was the perfect retreat from travelling, we instantly felt relaxed the minute we arrived!!

I can highly recommend it!! I would not hesitate to retun.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple