“Was not impressed”

Red Roof Inn Buffalo - Hamburg
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Hamburg
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We were traveling home from Newfoundland Canada and stopped here because we had decided to go to Niagra Falls and visit both the Americican and Canadian side. We made reservations at this hotel and made it for a late check in. We arrived at 11:45ish p.m. We went to check in and the receptionsist didnt seem to be all that interested... However she was sort of helpful on finding food at the late hour. We got into our room and the room had an odor... like a mold/musty smell. Because we had driven from Toro Nova Scotia we were really to tired to care about the smell and just wanted to eat shower and sleep. The room was an execuative king. The room had a king bed a work desk dresser microwave minifridge and safe. I like the safe idea, if I were going to be staying there for any length of time it's nice to know there is a "semi safe" palce to put any valuable I may not wish to carry with me. But it is only big enough for wallets, purses, cameras ect.... I did open the mini fridge to put our drinks in there and in the fridge was a 1/2 gallon of milk. Fortunatly the milk was still in date but I don't know how long it was in there.... :(

I didn't like the fact that I had to pay a deposit for the safe and then I could ask for the deposit back in the morning when I checked out. It has been 2 weeks and I still have yet to see the deposit. They said it owuld be deposited back into the card that I paid with..... This still has not happened....

The bed was extreamly soft. Not soft in a good way soft as in Uncle Festers bed from the Adam's Family. You sat on in and you sank.. Was not impressed.... I would have slept on the floor but I didn't know if it had even been swept...

Everything else seemed about average. The shower was ok.. Nothing spectacular.

I did complain and they are making it right with me. So that is the up side to this horrible evening. :)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 October 2011

Periodically been staying at the Hamburg Red Roof over the last couple years with this go around finding myself there for an extended length of time(June 2011-Sept 2011) Got to personally know the site manager (Dan), some of the staff: Tina, Beckie, Missy, Jean, among others), and can with honesty say group extremely cheerful/dedicated to the overall operation of the Inn. Much appreciated the feeling of welcome. Rooms clean, premises up keep outstanding, easy on/off access to 90, located close proximity to major events (hockey,football,etc.), shopping. Soon to be opened restaurant within a stones throw of parking lot. Understand Inn will be undergoing individual room upgrades,installation of flat screen TV's, etc.

Room Tip: Rooms on side facing away from 90 quieter
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 September 2011

We were in town for a wedding and found our room clean and staff friendly. It snowed heavy overnight and they already had the parking lot plowed early the next morning. .

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Cleanliness is very important to us and this Red Roof was ! The staff was very friendly and helpful. Thankyou!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Just the facts here. Our first horse show at the Erie County Fairgrounds and we chose to stay in a hotel for the two nights instead of our horse trailer. We needed the shower. Red Roof inn provided the best rate I could find on the internet. $85 plus taxes total about $103 per nite. The room was supposed to be no smoking. It smelled of smoke however I believe it was a no smoking room. This is one of the smallest two bed hotel rooms I've been in. The TV worked fine. It seemed clean. The air conditioner was cold. As is the norm for the in room A/C Heater units, it was noisey. I had to get up during the night and shut it off. For some reason the alarm clock went off during the night on our second night? Practical joke from the daughters boyfriend who was there the first day? Maybe..... Easy access to I-90. The Bar Soap smelled great! No breakfast buffet like the comfort in next door but a dennys down the road was great or you could just opt for a Tim Hortons with actually two of them nearby.

Room Tip: This has rooms on the highway side but we could not hear the traffic.....
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Room was clean and well kept. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Only 10 minutes from the City of Buffalo. Front desk was very helpful and processed you in and out quickly. Will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Clarence K
Reviewed 30 January 2011

Did I mention dirty? Everything in the room was dirty. Hairs were all over the sheets. I'm not talking one or two hairs, literally 10+ nasty hairs. I checked the other bed in the room - it also had 4 hairs on the sheets and pillows. The shower also had two nasty hairs in it. Thedesk chair was covered with dirt and crumbs. Truly a disgusting room. I slept in my clothes and left early after a terrible sleep.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 17 June 2011

Thank you for taking time away from your schedule to post a review of our property on TripAdvisor, as we truly appreciate the feedback to improve our operation. As the newly appointed General Manager for this facility, I am truly concerned about exceeding guest's expectations . Please accept my sincerest apologies for your recent experience at our Inn. I would appreicate the opportunity to speak with you directly relative to this posting, feel free to contact me via e-mail: i0055@redroof.com; or telephone: (716)647-7222. I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks in advance.
Daniel R. Gilliland, CHA

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamburg
0.3 km away
11.2 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90
8.5 km away
Best Western Plus The Inn of Lackawanna

Been to Red Roof Inn Buffalo - Hamburg? Share your experiences!