“Best breakfast ever?”

The Tavern at Colgate Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Tavern at Colgate Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Hamilton
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Tavern at Colgate Inn offers fine American cuisine in a relaxing atmosphere. No matter what you are in the mood for, the Tavern has the atmosphere and fare to suit.
Reviewed October 8, 2017

This place is fantastic for breakfast (and I wouldn't be surprised if their other meals were pretty awesome, too).

The dining room is just perfect and the food is absolutely top quality. Service is also excellent.

It probably won't be the least expensive breakfast you have ever had, but it still might be the best value. If you are hungry I definitely recommend the Colgate Inn breakfast.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

The dining room and bar at night are very welcoming and comfortable. Service was professional and pleasant. The food was nothing special but also no complaints. Prices are a little high but that's to be expected in a place like this. You're paying to eat here...

1  Thank jamiejf
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

Great menu and some things that made it special. First the waitress suggested a flight of wine. Three 1/3 glasses of any wines on the menu to try. A very nice way to try something from the wine selection. I went with the skinny colada and was not disappointed. Though it was funny that labeled skinny and you have to ask for no sugar in rim.

I decided for a cheese board of local cheeses and cured hams. Was very good and a nice way to start the meal. Wing were also very good and not overly hot.
We opted for salads as the waitress raved about the tollhouse pie and that did not disappoint.
There is also a great selection of after dinner drinks of aged scotch and ports. As well as tea and coffee selections.

Parking is street only as far as we could tell but if you turn into the square you can usually find parking.

Dress is casual and we found many students having dinner there.

1  Thank scott t
Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

My daughter, granddaughter and I had a very nice dinner there. I was impressed by the menu options and admired the selection of sea food this far inland. However, the rack of lamb my granddaughter ordered was the hit of the meal. All out entrees were considered to be well above average.
The service was prompt, friendly and helpful. If back in the area I would certainly go again,

1  Thank Nancylind
Reviewed August 20, 2017

My wife and I had a Friday night dinner here. The filet mignon and the halibut dishes were both superb, perfectly prepared, and attractively presented. The wine selection was extensive, but not overwhelming. My Vouvray was particularly tasty.

Service was notably S-L-O-W. We were in no hurry, so it did not matter at all.

I recommend this establishment very highly.

1  Thank Terry B