“Beautiful dining rooms , good food and service”

The Tavern at Colgate Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Tavern at Colgate Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Hamilton
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Tavern at Colgate Inn offers fine American cuisine in a relaxing atmosphere. No matter what you are in the mood for, the Tavern has the atmosphere and fare to suit.
Reviewed February 6, 2018

No need to leave the prpoperty for a good meal. The wait staff were friendly and knowledfgable of menu offerings . Willimg to make substitutions .

Reviewed February 5, 2018

Reservations were at 7:00pm. The bar was full so we acquired drinks and sat in the lounge area. Staff and manager stopped to ask us if we needed anything and whether we were enjoying ourselves. we were seated at 7 and the waiter immediately told us about the specials of the night. He patiently checked on us twice while we were catching up. We ordered our dinners and had our drinks refreshed as we enjoyed the conversation. Before we knew it -dinner was served. I had the salmon and very bite was delicious. The rest of my party enjoyed their meals also. As we finished the plates were taken away as we asked if we needed coffee and/or dessert. We declined and they left as to our conversation as the bill arrived. We were not rushed to leave and enjoyed the dining experience.

Reviewed January 20, 2018 via mobile

My husband is an alumni of Colgate University and we try to make a football game, basketball game and sometimes a hockey game. We love the Colgate bookstore too! You can bring your sport ticket in to receive a 13% discovery by on one item with 24 hours after the game.

So about our visit to “The Colgate Inn”:

We stopped at “The Colgate Inn” after a Men’s Basketball game. Around 4:00 pm on a Saturday. The place filled up quick by 5:00. The food was incredible! Wait time for food was average. Very nicely decorated and the bathrooms were clean and updated.

Food:
I had shrimp cocktail and white bean veggie burger with a GF roll and water. Please note: the menu is coded for vegetarian and GF. There was a LOT to choose from! I LOVE Syracuse “Copper Top’s” black bean veggie burger. Glad I tried Colgate’s white bean version!

My husband had French Onion soup and a Reuben with German potato salad and a martini. He said this was the best Reuben he’s had in very long time!

Our 18 year old son had a burger and fries with a root beer. He was starving and said it was great!

Our 16 year old daughter had a Lobster roll and fries and water. She loved it!

Our 13 year old daughter only ordered a bowl of chicken and rice soup with lemonade. She regretted not ordering more food. She ended up eating half of my GF bun, half my fries, and my husband’s pickle.

Altogether the price was just under $94. I gave a $20 cash tip. The waitress was wonderful.

I took pictures with my phone before and after we ate, unfortunately I didn’t have the settings on my phone for Trip Advisor to access. The pictures were beautiful and all plates were empty at the end. Highly recommend.

Reviewed January 3, 2018

Enjoyed dinner with friends, everyone shared the appetizers and we so much enjoyed dinner and drinks. The waitress was terrific, I have forgotten her name (sorry) she was very attentive when we needed a refresh of drinks or water. We had a leisure time, it was not exceptionally crowed so we were not rushed to leave.

Reviewed December 20, 2017 via mobile

Colgate Inn was highly recommended and food and location did not disappoint. French onion soup was excellent. Good local beer list too.