“Fifty-fifty???? Don't soup!!!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Set on beautiful stretch jutting into the bay, we were celebrating a 46th anniversary. The evening was stunning with a slight breeze and unbelievable sunset. The waitress Ellen did a fine job for us. The calamari and crab cake were selected for sharing appetizers; crab cake was excellent, and the ok calamari needed a more substantial sauce, way too bland. For entrees the ahi tuna plate was exceptional, one of the largest and tastiest ever. The halibut was huge and fresh and delicious. Hubby and I shared the soft shell crab entree, beet salad, and lobster bisque. First, the soft shells were outstanding, crispy and fresh. Salad-wise, lots of beets but lacking in a flavorful dressing to boost the greens. A clam chowder was mistakenly brought, which upon tasting, was promptly exchanged for the bisque. Both were, honestly, inedible. Truly. Yuck. Whoever manages that kitchen should be ashamed to serve the garlic-laden paste each was. And in seafood country? Major dud. Other than that, we enjoyed our evening and the music and the crowd although we had been hopeful for a celebratory ice cream or??? Fell short of being an exceptional restaurant.

1  Thank IndianaSweetpea
There are newer reviews for Oakland's Restaurant & Marina

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

I looked forward to celebrating my birthday with my husband and son and future daughter-in-law after a beautiful day at the beach. I was disappointed in the quality of the food. I realize that it's high season on the east end. Make your money! But for such expensive entrees, add some delicious sides. I had the soft shell crab. I admit, the layers of flavored was wonderful but that was all I could eat. For $30 entrees I expected the rice and veggies to be edible. The rice tasted like cardboard and the unimaginative veggies had no taste. The only side that was good was a puréed sweet potato that came with one entree.
My husbands bass was tasteless. My son did enjoy the scallops but my daughter-in-laws swordfish was average. At these prices, please step up your game, Oakland!
I remember you much better!

Reviewed 21 July 2017

Okay. This was out first time eating at the Oakland....it's pricey, but worth it. Listen their "high" season is short, they need to make money during the summer so I understand the high prices....The view is excellent.., the band playing was top shelf, and a lot of fun...the crowd around the outdoor bar was really into it...the food was excellent, pricey but excellent. Our waitress was superb...( believe her name was Ellen ). I would go back in a heart beat...really enjoyed the ambiance..,,The hostess had originally quoted an hour wait for a table outside, but we were seated almost immediately..the place was packed, but don't let that scare you, they know how to handle a crowd...

Reviewed 21 July 2017

We dined at Oaklands for lunch. I had the flounder sandwich, which I could hardly finish and my wife had the fish tacos, which she really enjoyed. It was quite crowded and the service was a little slow, but the food was very good. it was very relaxing.
We sat out on the patio and there was a nice breeze blowing. You could also get a table inside if you wish.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Great views, Outdoor Bar, Entertainment & Good Food make this a restaurant we love to visit on our trips to the Hamptons.