“Hidden Gem”
Review of Tramonto

Tramonto
Reserve with OpenTable
Tramonto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Hawthorne
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 7, 2017 via mobile

I have lived in the area and driven past Tramonto countless times. A friend recommended I try it and it was fabulous! The outside is plain, but the interior is charming and the food is wonderful. I have Celiac and the waiters are very knowledgeable of gluten ingredients and substitutes. Their Gluten Free pizza is delicious and I highly recommend the beets salad if offered as a special! Been several times and will continue to go. It's great for groups also.

1  Thank eileenmurphy424

Reviewed November 28, 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for a late lunch...Small menu but everything was delicious and perfectly flavored...Our waitress was very attentive and pleasant! I read some reviews before I left mine and it's sad to read such negative reviews... one person wrote it lacked flavor/salt yet their dish was covered with capers...."capers are salty"...either way...I felt it was important to leave a review... thankfully we had a good experience.... Thank you!

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

The Chicken Scarpariello was very tasty and enough for 2 meals. Scampi was good, as well. Service good. A bit pricey. Restaurant a bit worn. Decent Italian restaurant, but nothing special.

Reviewed September 29, 2017

Our visit to this very traditional Italian restaurant was very disappointing. Our first impression--of white tablecloths and boisterous families was deceiving. After being shunted to an undesirable table in the back we requested to be moved to a window table overlooking the garden, which was granted. We skipped the salads ($15 was a bit much for arugula) and opted for the seafood scarpariello ($29) and veal saltimbocca ($26). Neither came with sides or salads. My husband liked the seafood dish but my saltimbocca was dry, cold and the polenta dry and tasteless. Not that any of that mattered to our indifferent server, who never bothered to ask us if we needed anything else or offered cheese or fresh pepper for the entrees. After waiting 15 minutes for the check, he finally gave it to us. Skip this place.

Reviewed August 11, 2017

Maria helped me plan a dinner for 12 on short notice. She was flexible about time, since it was mid afternoon, after we buried a beloved family member. All enjoyed their meals.