“Clean, spacious rooms, well-maintained”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hawthorne
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We stayed here on a family trip and were not disappointed. This hotel is clean and feels fresh and new. Our king-bedroom suite was very large with space for a couch (with hideaway bed), desk and chair and two wardrobes (one housed the flat screen TV, the other held our hanging items). The pool was attractively decorated and indoors, so useable throughout the year. There is a business center in the lobby with a computer, printer and small meeting table (could hold about 4 or 5 people). The free breakfast is served in an attractive alcove off the lobby and offers a full range of hot and cold items with a make your own waffle machine. A small fridge holds hard boiled eggs, yoghurt and butter. A variety of breads (two toasters), cereals, fresh fruit, juice, coffee, and tea round out this area. Staff at the front desk and service staff were very friendly and welcoming. We had a brief problem with a non-flushing toilet and it was fixed when we returned to the room from a short trip to the store. Rooms at the back of the hotel generaly overlook the glass pool roof (but you can't see the pool). We had an accessible room (though we did not need one, the hotel was full and this was the only one left). The concession to accessibility here was a larger bathroom with grabbars and signage on the door posted lower so that a person in a wheelchair could see it easily.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear overlook the enclosed pool roof and some views are not too attractive.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank sailingboat

Reviewed 30 March 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites last week. I was so pleased with the staff. I found them to be friendly, familar with the area and very professional. I was greeted by Gwen and Bryant with a big smile and friendly faces. I was traveling for the fist time by myself since my husbands death. The room was very clean and very nicely furnished. My first night Nikki (not sure if I spelled her name correct) was so sweet to direct me to a local supermarket and suggested a few places were I could get a bite to eat. Then the next morning was pleasantly suprised with the breakfast they offered. Again I was greeted by two lovely ladies who keep the breakfast area very clean. The owner of this property should be very proud of there staff. I can not wait to go back during the summer.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Michele C
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I checked into the hotel on a Tuesday night, and was very annoyed by the lady that checked me in. First of all her appearance was very unprofessional. She had very long nails, which I know in that industry should be short and well manicured. This employee was not nice at all when I asked for a non smoking room. I understand the hotel was booked, but it's not that she could not get me into a non smoking room, it's her demeanor when informing me. Her name tag had MANAGER on it, well if that's one of your manager I'm sorry for your guests.

Room Tip: Stay on the first or second floors, the third is all non smoking
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank kat d
Reviewed 21 March 2012

The price is very reasonable for the value, service and definitely cleanliness that you get. The standard room with two queen sized beds was huge with a sitting area. The sitting area had two big chairs and a desk. There was a closet with iron board and iron in the room. The kitchen had a microwave, small fridge, and coffee maker. Aside from the nightstand, there's a phone on the desk and one in the bathroom. I always bring my own towels, pillow covers etc. but I didn't feel the need to use them here. I was very comfortable with the cleanliness of the place. The continental breakfast is limited, but it's just fine for some quick nourishments before heading out to enjoy the area. The gym, pool & sauna area are clean and open till 8pm. I had a room on the first floor close to the reception area, but noise was never an issue. There's also an Applebees right next door to the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2012

This hotel was excellent. Standard room was huge with 'sitting area" separated from bedroom. The King bed has plenty of room for movement. Sitting area had sofa and big chair and a phone next to chair for convenience
Breakfast was fine every morning and the employees were helpful and friendly.
Hotel next to an Applebee's, and other restaurants within walking distance I would go back tomorrow for their "pampering".
Hospital barely a mile away--so convenient.

Room Tip: Everything fine---do not have a tip
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank HILDA S V
Reviewed 10 December 2011

The hotel was nice. We didn't get a chance to try the pool out, but it didn't smell overwhelmingly like chlorine, which is always a good sign. The breakfast was the standard Comfort Inn fare, which the staff were incredible at restocking continually. The room was clean and spacious and had a fridge and sink. The one thing that made this place a 4 rating instead of a 5 was a particular staff member at the desk who was, shall I say, less than customer service oriented. It's kind of a downer when that happens. She just didn't seem to want to help, was reluctant to give you her attention. Most of the staff was wonderful, especially the overnight staff.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank val7379
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Spent 4 nights here in whirlpool suite..everyone was especially nice.Room was nice and comfortable bed.Breakfast was very good also,will go back

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Drmaurice69
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawthorne
3.7 km away
3.9 km away
Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown
2.1 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites White Plains - Elmsford

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!