“Above average food fit for an occasion”
Review of Vesuvio Restaurant

Vesuvio Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

When my daughter finished four years of college, Vesuvio's was the place to go to celebrate! Her ahi tuna with wasabi and ginger was delicious. We recommend also the veal scallopini and the chicken and sausage dish. We couldn't resist when the dessert tray was brought around: carrot cake, flan and chocolate cake. From the warm bread, salad, entre to dessert, the evening was fantastic. I can't wait to go back!

1  Thank Elizabet74

Reviewed March 25, 2018

Our first night in Windham happened to be our anniversary night. Hotel Vienna suggested a few restaurants, especially Vesuvio. It did not disappoint!

Reviewed February 27, 2018 via mobile

Great food, drinks and atmosphere. Very accommodating for food allergies.

Donna and Lindsey were great. Must stop by if in the area.

Reviewed February 9, 2018

This place is charming . Very unassuming exterior (considering it was snowing). We walked in and were pleasantly surprised. What a nice old school Italian restaurant.. Piano at the Bar too. The server Lindsey is awesome and the owner Joe even said hello. The food is great and reasonably priced. We will definitely go there every time we are in the area.

1  Thank peter b
Reviewed January 10, 2018

A wonderful Sicilian/Italian dinner experience! We visited while skiing at Windham, and I'm not sure if it was the ski induced hunger, or the great food, most likely combination of both. But we all found the meals exemplary.

The bar was not shy when it came to pouring a stiff vodka martini. The wait staff were on point, and the chef did not mind customizing a couple items from our orders to our particular tastes. Everything we ordered, whether modified at our request or original per the menu, came out perfect.

I don't really look at prices while ordering, and I expected a bill of around $250 (including a few drinks) for our party of 3 (including a child) + an extra entré because we wanted it for the table. When the tab arrived at only $165, my honest nature required that I double-check to make sure they didn't forget anything.

The next time we come to Windham, we plan to eat every possible meal here.

If I had to criticize, it would not be about the bar, food, or the staff. The only thing I would ask for is some WiFi for the patrons because there is no cell reception. It's 2018, which means it's well past time to add a guest wifi network and/or a microcell device.

1  Thank Harout D