“Average with great pillows!”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hogansburg
GreenLeadersSilver level
Jersey Shore
“Average with great pillows!”
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I stay at this hotel about every 3 months since it's next to Akwesasne Mohawk Casino. It's a nice hotel, clean, and the staff is friendly. The breakfast is very good in the morning offering cereals, hot foods, waffles and even hard boiled eggs. My only complaint about this property is the way it was designed. The ceilings are oddly high and the doors are made of steel, making me feel like I'm in solitary confinement. The pillows are great and the shower head probably the best out of any hotel that I stay in and I travel every week. I stayed in the so called suite since the regular rooms were sold out but it was nothing more than a half wall between the bed and the living area. They are in the process of expanding.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank WaterfallsLover
, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Thank you so much for taking the opportunity to pass on your kind comments. I agree that the first floor rooms can seem odd with such high ceilings; however, or second and third floor ceilings are of a more traditional height. We have also been working diligently to repaint all of our doors to a more neutral tone to make the property more comfortable.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Washington state
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Clean, Clean and spacious room, Excellent personnel at the desk and in the breakfast room. Great smiles and so very welcoming. However....... I was awakened in the middle of the night by a couple who had not done well at the Casino across the parking lot. They were speaking in a normal tone of voice. I thought they were out in the hallway and then realized they were in the room next door. I could hear every word of their travails. In the morning when I awoke at sunrise, the snoring was incredible. I thought my husband had come with me. Bring ear plugs. A message to the management. "please space out the guests so there is a room between guests when you are not full." (I stayed on a Monday night) If I needed to stay in the area, I would return again with EARPLUGS since the options for rooms as clean, are slim to none in the region.

Room Tip: Make sure the rooms on either side of you are empty. Walls are paper thin
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for the review. We are pleased you found the facility clean, with excellent service. As for the noise from the neighbors, I apologize you were awakened during the night. We do recognize that this is an area of improvement for some of our rooms, and took that into consideration when we built the additional rooms that opened in May.
Brockville
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Ok hotel with okay breakfast. This place costs too much. What should happen here is the casino next door should own this hotel and offer rooms for comps. Over a hundred dollars for a comfort inn quality room and then probably lose at the casino. It's just too much. If you're having a drink in your room you can't even walk in to the casino with it. Then you have to pay for drinks when you're there. The rooms are safe and clean though and comfortable. Not too many channels to watch on tv. Breakfast is continental with hard boiled eggs,toast, donuts,cereal,juice etc... It's okay.

Room Tip: Room at north end is shortest walk to casino.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank BrianMa
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review our property. I agree that our prices are higher than most of the other hotels in the area, especially on the weekends when the majority of people come to the casino. We have upgraded our breakfast selections to include hot eggs, bacon or sausage, and fresh baked waffles. We’ve also upgraded our television programming to include 49 channels, 12 of which are in High Definition and pay-per-view movies too.
East Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 6 January 2012

First of all, let me say I was ecstatic to be able to get a room with my boyfriend the day before we planned on going (although it was 12/23, so probably not a lot of people were casino-bound)! The Akwesasne Casino is adjacent to the Inn. It's definitely within walking distance and they have shuttles anyway!!

The staff was SO pleasant & efficient and the rooms were absolutely immaculate/spotless. I read that they were renovating until some time in 2012 and I would guess our room had already been renovated. It was lovely (2 queen beds). The only problem was that our room was tropically warm! Not a big problem, though, because the air conditioning worked just fine, even if it was weird to have the AC on all night when it was about 15 degrees outside!!

The included continental breakfast was decent with great & friendly service. It was clean and there were tvs to watch everywhere!

The only other complaint I had was the noise, and it wasn't from other patrons! It was the housecleaning staff at about 8:30 a.m., when checkout wasn't until noon. I like to sleep in a bit, and they liked to talk a bit. Oh, and the HD channels on the TV had no sound, but a quick call to the front desk fixed that (unplug it & plug it in again, of course)!

Overall, though, really nice & I would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Canada
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Forced to stay here often on business. Hotel is across the parking lot from the Akwesasne Mohawk Casino, and there is an IGA across the street. Breakfast buffet is good, and constantly kept full with a few hot breakfast options. Front desk staff are very friendly and efficient, and treat regular guests especially well. Free cookies in the afternoon are delicious. Rooms are very clean and well kept. Free internet in rooms with wifi password and a free internet computer with printing in the lobby. The gym is small and could be improved, but this is the only negative about this hotel - but this should improve with the expansion that is supposed to be complete in Spring 2012 with a bigger gym and new pool. Definitely the best hotel in the Choice Hotels chain I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank PolarBear777
Trois-Rivières
Reviewed 30 December 2011

2 minutes walk from Casino. Room clean. Breakfast included very good: a lot of choice. Staff very professionnal. Rooms are not soundproof but if your neighbor are quiet than no problem!!! Unfortunately, it was not our case... We had great time at Casino. As the other, sometime you win sometime you loose!!! Casino's restaurants are good and cheap. Enjoy your trip and good luck! We will return...

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Bouckville, New York
Reviewed 21 December 2011

room was clean and nice. was close to casino and our meeting on the reservation. however it would be nice to have a pool and hot tub, This would really add to the whole expereince! The staff was wonderful and had fresh cookies awaiting us upon arrival was a very friendly place !

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hogansburg
0.3 km away
11.5 km away
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#6 of 12 in Cornwall

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!