All reviews sunbeds and umbrellas speak english other guests nosy iranja tours sunset africa island madagascar bungalow
Reviewed April 24, 2018

Fist time I have written a review but felt I needed to based on the negative reviews this resort had which had me second guessing my decision to stay.
I stayed there last week for 7 days with my girlfriend in the cofresi palm resort. We booked the standard package which gave us 3 a la carte dinners in the week.

The resort itself was very nice and clean. There were numerous pools available for the week and plenty of bars open. As it is off season some of the bars and restaurants were either closed for the complete week or only open towards the weekend. The pearl buffet was close for most of the week days but they did a buffet in El Pilon and the Casablanca as always open.

The room was exactly what we paid for, was dated and a little moist due to the older air conditioner but it looked exactly like the picture on the website so I cant complain. If going back I would probably pay the extra for the vip to get a better room but it was always clean and outside of a few bugs over the week we didn't have any issues. In fact I am currently dealing with more bugs in my house in canada than anything I experienced in the cofresi.

I am a meat eater so I was completely satisfied with the buffet for breakfast, lunch and most of the dinners. Plenty of meat and options available. My girlfriend is a vegetarian so the options were a lot less for her and she didn't quite enjoy some of the vegetarian options as she found them very bland. We had a la carte dinners in the Italian, Mexican and Asian restaurants and found the food to be nice but I didn't see a huge upgrade on the buffet food. I probably enjoyed the Mexican the most.

Most of the negative reviews focus on the ability to walk around the resort but we found no problems. We stayed in building 204 and it was less than 1000 steps to get to the Casablanca or a few hundred steps and 3 flights of stairs to get to the pearl. As there are pools everywhere we didn't have any problems going to those either. If you are older and have hip/leg issues you may have problems but anyone who is capable of walking should not have a problem. We were happy to walk around everywhere and never took the shuttle or golf cart rides that were offered to us. The map is deceiving as it looks like a huge resort but once you start walking around it turns out that everything is close. I would say that you could probably walk around the complete resort in a few hours at the very most.

The only negative aspect we had was that my girlfriend got sick towards the end of the trip but we are not sure what caused it, we ate much the same food and drank similar drinks for the whole week so it may have been a milk based drink or just a bug bite that may have been at fault.

Overall I would definitely stay again for the money I paid and would recommend it to people to stay.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2018

Very relaxed and well laid-out hotel. Large and comfortable rooms. Very clean and VERY friendly staff. Well looked after facilities.

Wi-fi only available at the reception area, which is not acceptable in a 4 star resort. But I assume people come here to relax and look at their social platforms (not my case!).

Good food. Recommended

Room Tip: Try and get rooms in the upper floors or right in the beach front
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank MAXIMVS M
Reviewed January 16, 2018 via mobile

This was by far the best way to spend our holiday time. The hotel staff are very friendly even though the language barrier is very large they go out of there way to assist where they can. From the white sandy beach’s to spending some time with the limas. The resort is very clean well taken care of and so are the guest visiting. Madagascar is a hidden Gem in Africa. The tours arranged at the hotel are very cost effective and they give discounts to large family’s. Best island stay will visit again. Word of advice the sun is very harsh in December. During December it is the rainy season but scorching hot during the day and heavy rain in the evening.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2017

1 week vacation in this resort on the island of Nosy Be. Resort itself looked brand new and everything looked neat and modern. Rooms were spacious, A/C was included in all rooms. The restaurant had good food, not extraordinary, but the meals were cooked by an Italian chef and some of the plates were delicious. Trips outside the resort and to other islands are very well organized. Nothing much to see, a MUST DO activity is a day trip to Nosy Iranja, which was an extraordinary experience. Staff was very, very kind and participated with you in every event. I had a lot of fun playing beach ball at sunset with the other guests and the staff team. One downside is the lack of clean water in the sea. It's not a good place to swim, the sea isn't just right, but in theese kind of places what you have to do is just relax. Really nice resort and recommended.

Room Tip: Personally, I don't like the bungalows too much. I really liked the rooms in the main building.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 25, 2017

Good rooms, spacious, comfortable beds, AC works,great pool. For the negatives..... no wifi in the rooms, all rooms have some small issues....generally plumbing, low water pressure, restaurant staff is slow and not very well trained
Lots of mosquitos...have spray