“Ordinary casual cheap Chinese”
Review of China Star

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
China Star
Ranked #4 of 4 Restaurants in Houghton
Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

In a pinch, my friends and I stopped by for a dinner. Menu and actual foods are very ordinary. Casual, cheap with volume dishes. Would I go there again? Maybe. But I would order rice and dish combo. The volume is too much. The quality of rice was also ok, but not great. Deep fried chicken was mostly batter, with small chicken in the middle. I asked to use very small amt of oil, but they all came in swimming in oil. After all this, mediocre comments, is say that this is still valuable for the small college town.

Reviewed April 30, 2018

The food was really good despite it being a smaller restaurant. The service was good and the atmosphere was pleasant. I particularly liked the second floor seating.

Reviewed October 15, 2017

The first time we got Gen Chao Chick it was mostly meet with hardly and breading and fabulous.
This time it was more breading but still fabulous flavor.

Reviewed August 16, 2016

I would never order from there again! Won Ton Soup was just awful and huge starchy noodle stuffed with goat meat tasted awful! Rice was dry, peas were not fresh. Even the fortune cookies were stale! I can't believe they used chicken it looked like something I never seen before!

Reviewed June 4, 2016 via mobile

I ordered the Moo Shu Pork. One order could have fed a family of four! It was tasty and well prepared, though with too much salt. The "scallop" appetizer contained no scallops, but only rolled up processed fish product. I would not recommend these.

Service was basic but friendly and prompt.