“Scenic setting and clean room” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Howe Caverns Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Howes Cave
Howe Caverns Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Howes Cave
Ringoes, New Jersey
“Scenic setting and clean room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

We stayed here in Novembe2 2011. I was pleasantly surprised by what a scenic setting the motel has. It is up on a hill, overlooking the surrounding hills. Consistent with previous posts, the rooms were very clean. My husband and I stayed there with our adult son and opted for the family suite, 2 bedrooms sharing 1 BR and connected by a hallway with a microwave. It was very nice to be interconnected. Would stay here again.
Enjoyed the convenience of taking the cavern tours on-site. Had our own private tour at 4:30 PM on a Friday afternoon. It was great!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Douglas MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

My husband & I found the room odd & it took us until the next morning to figure it out, it was a handicap accessible room. Wonderful they have a room like that for those who need it, but we didn't, so why would they give us this room? We thought we were the only guest there, in fact the office wasn't open & we had to register at the visitors center for the caves. When we went out for supper we came back to find another room rented. We were told later that it was somebody who is working in the area, he arrives late in the day & leaves early in the morning, so basically we were the only guest of the motel. It is advertised that "most" rooms come with a refrigerator & a microwave, unfortunately the room we had was not one of them. Again, since they obviously were not busy, why not give us a room that had those appliances? It came with a small TV with only a few channels & the weather channel was not one of them, hard to plan your day w/o knowing the weather. The room was very small but clean. The bathroom was big - and clean. There was only a shower, no tub, which again we realized was because it was a handicap accessible room. They do not adveritise wi fi but I was able to make a connection thought it didn't last long, so I'd suggest bringing lots of movies to watch. The view is spectacular, though we were hoping to see beautiful foliage, instead we saw ugly snow as a freak October storm hit. The price was right though so I'm trying not to complain, just trying to give a fair review. I got myself a glass of water from the faucet to take my meds & it was cloudy. The room comes with a coffee pot but we didn't dare use it after seeing the water the night before. It's right next door to the caverns so very convenient.

Room Tip: Bring along your lap top & plenty of movies as they get only a few channels.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lovelyliki
spottedang11
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

Came here with my boyfriend for our anniversary. We stayed at the hotel overnight, and booked the Culinary Delights package, which got us an overnight stay, four course dinner, tour of the caverns, and fudge. The room was nice and clean, with a lovely view of the valley. Had a wonderful tour of the caverns, a fantastic dinner, and a lovely sleep. Couldn't ask for more!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank spottedang11
Scranton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

My husband and I were married in Howe Caverns 9 years ago. For a surprise one night get-away to celebrate our 9th anniversary, he planned a trip to return to the cavern and stay in the same room that we stayed in at the adjacent motel the night we were married.... Room 115. I was touched by his thoughtfulness!

Upon arriving we had noticed they'd updated their logo and various attractions --- they now have a zip line and a rope course for kids. There were several other attractions on the premises that were in the process of being built, so there was plenty of construction happening on the property, none of which bothered my husband or I.

Having arrived an hour early, we weren't sure if we'd be able to check into our room, but they were more than willing to allow us to do so. Once in our room --- and if you've read past reviews, you'll that I'm a bit of a germaphobe ---- I gave it my usual inspection. It was VERY clean. The bathroom was spotless, the jacuzzi was spotless, the carpets were spotless.

The view from the rooms is incredible! Can't beat the view! There is a soda machine and ice machine in the center of the motel for all to use. Should you have an emergency/issue during the course of the evening, there is a number to call the groundskeeper who is always on duty.

My only gripe about the room is it needs to be updated.

The love seat/throw pillows in our room were definitely the same one from 9 years ago. The loveseat cushions were very sunken in and got worse when you sat on it. The coffee table was also the same one..... we know, because we compared photos that we took 9 years ago. Both these pieces of furniture definitely showed their wear. My other gripe, would be...... they need to update the bedding as well. Very old bedspread (which I never use anyway in hotels/motels) and the white sheets just looked very OVER-bleached..... which can sometimes give them a yellow tinge.

Would I stay there again? Yes, because the room was THAT clean and I felt comfortable knowing that they definitely give the room a thorough cleaning and not just a quick once over. Even the germaphobe in me could live with the outdated furniture and over bleached sheets..... at the end of the day..... it was definitely not one of the worse places I've ever slept in.

Room Tip: Room 115 --- jacuzzi room ---- large room, loveseat, end table, jacuzzi, television, refrigerator, s...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jobonster
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

We were looking for an interesting place to stayon our way back to Toronto from Boston and I saw someone mention Howe's Caverns. When I went to the website it sounded good. I then lookied for a place to stay as we were only mekaing the decision while traveling it was harder. The room was nice spacious and clean. The beds were comfortable as well as very quite. We did not swim in the pool but some people were. The only down side was no interenet but it can be good to be offline for a day or 2. We were given a list of suggested restaurants in the area and were pleased. Everyone was friendly and if you book the package with the tour of the caves it is a little cheaper

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
East Meadow, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

We stayed at the motel as a convenience to our cave visit. It was well worth it. Overlooking a valley, the view just outside the front door is fantastic. The room was large, comfortable and clean. It was great to roll out of bed and visit the caves without a tiresome drive.

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pat M
Quebec City, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

We traveled all morning to get to the Howe Caves, wich were really worth the drive. The caves are a little far from everything so after the visit we simply spent the night at this adjacent hotel.

The room was big enough for all the familly, we had a fridge in the room, there were pic nic tables outside with a superb view on the mountains and the kids just love the outside pool at the end of the day. The room was very clean. It is a motel but it is one of the nicest and cleanest I've seen. Perfect pit stop for one night.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
39.4 km away
Hampton Inn Schenectady
Hampton Inn Schenectady
#1 of 13 in Schenectady

Been to Howe Caverns Motel? Share your experiences!