“What an enjoyable place”
Review of Hunter Inn

Hunter Inn
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Hunter
Washington
“What an enjoyable place”
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We stayed at the Hunter Inn over the long weekend and had a really nice time. The staff could not be nicer and more friendly and we will definitely be back. We did not realize that breakfast came with the room and that was a nice surprise. They had a nice continental breakfast and some really great fresh fruit. Considering that I did not see a grocery store anywhere around that was a nice touch. We also enjoyed the bar one night and had a good time listening to the musician they had playing there.

The rooms were clean but I think the carpet could use to be replaced as well as the curtains. It was a bit old. Just a suggestion. The bed is hard but we both slept great! Our room was near the lobby so it was easy in and out with our things but if you are traveling here over the weekend and go to bed early you might request a room further from the lobby as the sound carries from the bar.

The staff is very informative about the area and what is happening. We did not have the time to check out many of the local places as we were in town for an event that tied up most of the weekend. There was a list of different fun things to do in the room and they were telling us about some different festivals etc during the year that I am sure we will come back for.

We ate at Salena's Diner and at the Last Chance Tavern while we were in town. I loved my wrap at Salena's and thought the candy store at Last Chance was a very tempting draw - yummy. My husband loved the burger at Salena's but was not as crazy about the one at Last Chance.

Overall I would give the Hunter Inn really high marks. If they replaced the carpet, curtains that don't fit the windows, and the older bedspread I would give it a 5 star rating.

Room Tip: No pool or fitness center - there is a hot tub for the winter though.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mjj2red

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Bedminster, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Stayed here with friends one weekend - very accomodating staff, rooms nicely decorated, fantastic morning breakfast included in the price of the room. Ample parking, breathtaking views - what more can I say? Would stay here again & highly recommend to others.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank YayeMama
Reviewed 9 February 2012

They have a pretty good stay and play package where you can stay there and ski for a low price. Included is a free full breakfast (on weekends) that was very good. I was really surprised with how much there was at the breakfast (fruit, yogurt, eggs, bacon, sausage, bagels, muffins, baked goods, pancakes, oatmeal) and everything was very tasty. As stated in other reviews, the rooms are outdated but for the deal you really cannot beat it. On a saturday night I ended up paying $120 bucks to sleep over, eat breakfast and lift ticket (double occupancy on the room). You really can't beat that considering the lift ticket alone is almost $70 bucks pp. I found the hotel staff to be very nice and accomodating and the hotel was clean. The rooms could be updated but it is very clean and I felt comfortable staying there.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank danap21
Reviewed 3 February 2012

This really was the perfect spot for a nearby, relaxng holiday stay. Within a few hours we were out of the city and in the Catskills with fresh air and a cozy country inn. The hotel has a restaurant, bar, gameroom, an outdoor hot tub and nice oversized rooms. The complimentary breakfast buffet was a great way to start a busy day on the slopes and the jacuzzi outside under the stars was amazing. In the evening some of us were in the gameroom, some relaxing by the fire in the lounge, others were at the bar listening to the live music. We all said we would come back as a couple or with some friends or with our kids. Oh, and a convenient location with access to the mountain lifts and snotubing. A lotta fun!

Room Tip: Check out the duplex loft suites - very roomy!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Brewster, New York
Reviewed 28 January 2012

In 2009 my husband and I got married. I had just finished college and we saved up enough money to have a backyard wedding in Hunter, we even cooked all the food ourselves because we couldn't afford catering. We asked our family and friends to stay at the Hunter Inn for the weekend (bringing the Inn thousands of dollars in business). They insisted we pay a deposit on the rooms because it was a festival weekend and they were busy. So I did, because everyone else was booked up. Our written contract with them said they would refund the deposit after all of our guests payed for their rooms. Now, more than two years later, a ton of ignored phone calls and letters, they still haven't refunded us. I even took them to small claims court and won...but they keep their bank account and property in a different name than their business so I couldn't get our money back. I feel sick every time I think of going back to Hunter. I waited a long time to post this, thinking maybe they'd change their mind and send me the money. I'm a recent graduate, unemployed and really wishing I had this $2000 in the bank. Maybe if I post here they'll realize how much this has affected my husband and I.

Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
16 Thank CiaraLJ

Travellers are raving about these Hunter hotels

Asia
Reviewed 31 December 2011

The big plus to this place is it's great proximity to hunter's mountain. The Inn's lobby is cozy with a fireplace giving it a ski lodge-y feel. The restaurant isn't that bad. The bathrooms and bedrooms are comfortably large but outdated with red carpeting and worn-out looking beds. We found a used plate in one of the rooms but generally the place is good for an overnight stay. I would probably try the Kaatskill Mountain Club lodges next time.

• Stayed January 2011
Reviewed 9 May 2011

We stayed here last minute following a festival we had attended and we were shocked to see how large the room was. It was a really nice/large room and a great location. I would say that if you are looking for a reasonably priced place super close to Hunter Mountain- this place is perfect. If you are looking for a luxury vacation- this might be be what you are looking for.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hunter
11.1 km away
4.2 km away
Villa Vosilla
Villa Vosilla
#1 of 6 in Hunter

Been to Hunter Inn? Share your experiences!