“Over cooked steak...rude manager”
Review of Prime Restaurant

Prime Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Prime Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 241 Restaurants in Huntington
Price range: US$25 - US$75
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, View, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Park Avenue
Description: Designed to reflect a classic boathouse along the Charles River, Prime’s multi-level visual expanse is just the beginning of this destination experience. Dedicated to the expression of modern American cuisine, Prime is the flagship of the Bohlsen Restaurant Group. A custom designed glass wall in the center of our Dining Room is an artistic balance to the shimmer of Huntington Harbor just outside our doors. Spend an afternoon in the wood Lounge, compete with a fireplace and luxurious leather couches. Venture out to the fire pit on our intimate Fantail, reminiscent of a boat’s bow. Exquisite water views from the Wave Bar are enjoyed while dining on the covered Porch are a perfect backdrop when sipping Prime’s extensive list of signature cocktails. Defined by innovative departures to classic dishes, Prime offers a curated raw bar, mizu sushi and USDA certified Prime 21-day dry aged beef, as well as both the classic steakhouse side dishes and some fantastic modern creations.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Overpriced...over cooked...I am a frequent diner and today they just didn’t care...you could easily drop $100 pp and they treat you like it’s McDonalds

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I truly feel that no matter who has owned this location since the 1990's... it has always been the very same story. Beautiful location...over priced and food that doesn't warrant the price. I actually take offense to restaurants who feel they can charge exorbitant prices for very average food and service. I truly have NO issue with price if the food is great. If you want to go to Prime to sit on the deck to watch the boats and have an expensive drink...it makes total sense. We have tried this restaurant 3 times and had the same experience. Trying to figure out what people like about this restaurant other than the atmosphere and maybe food presentation. Folks...don't fall into that trap!

#TravelDivaDayna

1  Thank TravelDivaDayna
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

This will be the last time my fiancé and I ever visit Prime. This isn’t the first poor experience we have had at this restaurant. From unfriendly staff, untimely service, and poor food, Prime can no longer justify their prices for the product and service they’re putting out.

Hopefully the BRG notices the decline of Prime and can restore it to its former glory.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

Our first time in Prime and it turned out to be more than we expected. Atmosphere is very nice and the staff was excellent. We ordered an appetizer for the table from their sushi selection called the red roof. It was as good a piece of sushi as I have ever had. Absolutely melted in your mouth. It had spic tuna, crab and oyster. With a little wasabi and ginger I was in heaven. The bread put on the table was very good, a little like a fresh soft pretzel. I ordered the delmonico steak med rare and it was done perfectly and was quite delicious. To be honest I do not remember what the other three people ordered but everyone was happy. I tried their special Irish Coffee to complete my meal and they put salted caramel in it which was very different but quite good. Their creme brulee was also good. The only downside was the price as we were charged 460.00 for four people but that did include one bottle of wine and several beers. We ordered only on desert and one vegetable for the table with our meal. (the vegetable was brussel sprouts and the best any of us had ever had. They were sauteed with a distinct sweetness that we did not identify. (Probably honey or brown sugar) For our total experience we were very satisfied and will definitely return. Unless you have disposable money you will make it a definite stop just not your every weekend choice. A number of years ago I ate lunch a couple of times at Prime on the Saratoga National Golf Course and the lunch menu is very extensive and a little less priced then dinner menu and very good. I looked at the Huntington locations lunch menu and it appears the same as Saratoga which will bode well for Huntington lunch goer's.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

Had a delightful and informal meal here with our niece and her partner. The Restaurant has spectacular views across the bay. Excellent staff and great food.