Received a Groupon overnight stay as a Christmas Gift. We just returned home. Castle is BEAUTIFUL. They need to work on the front desk staff. They had given wrong information as to the time of the tour. I had even called one day in advance to be sure of the tour time because that was on our must do list. Sadly missed it due to the wrong time they had given us (11AM instead of 10AM). They offered us a tour with a bus load of Elementary children, and we tried, but clearly it wasn't the same. Also we were made to wait outside in the cold for 5 minutes before we could even enter the caste , while a bridal party took their pictures.
We would go back for another visit, because it is so beautiful and full of history, but a word of advice... go during the week, NOT on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday. The castle is clearly used mostly for a Wedding Venue as well as Business events.!! All in all, worth the trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- OHEKA CASTLE is a majestic historic mansion located on Long Island's famed Gold Coast between New York City and The Hamptons. This French-style chateau is the second largest private residence in America and has undergone $30 million in restoration to transform this stately home back to its former 1920's grandeur. OHEKA is listed on the National Register for Historic Places and boasts 32 luxuriously appointed guestrooms and suites on the upper floors where guests can sleep like royalty. Guests can enjoy a leisurely stroll around the beautiful formal gardens designed by the Olmsted Brothers, take a mansion tour and learn about the rich history of OHEKA and Otto Kahn, or dine in the OHEKA Bar and Restaurant before retiring to your uniquely designed guestroom for an in-room massage. Breathtakingly beautiful, OHEKA CASTLE is admired around the world as a premier venue for exquisite weddings and gala celebrations and has been the backdrop to many prominent film and photo productions. The refined European atmosphere and the feeling of being transported back in time to the decadence of the Roaring Twenties consistently gives OHEKA the recognition as America's Grandest Castle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oheka Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oheka Castle Huntington, NY - Long Island
- Oheka Castle Hotel Huntington