I would give Oheka Castle 10 stars if I could. The place is more grand and luxurious than you can imagine. Our room was large with a huge bathroom with jaccuzzi. The bed was a queen ( a king would have been better) but there was a sitting area and a walk in closet. The place is as solidly built as any building anywhere. You dont hear your neighbors walking around or anything else.
We had a light lunch at the bar, and a fantastic dinner. Dont be put off by the prix fix menu. You can order ala carte. As a matter of fact they served us dinner in a room that once was the study of the lady of the house. We had the room to ourselves. In terms of atmosphere and service, it was one of the best meals we ever had.
I highly recommend Oheka Castle to anyone looking for a romantic getaway. I dont think it is a great place to bring kids, unless they can appreciate the beaty and the history of the Castle. We look forward to going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- OHEKA CASTLE is a majestic historic mansion located on Long Island's famed Gold Coast between New York City and The Hamptons. This French-style chateau is the second largest private residence in America and has undergone $30 million in restoration to transform this stately home back to its former 1920's grandeur. OHEKA is listed on the National Register for Historic Places and boasts 32 luxuriously appointed guestrooms and suites on the upper floors where guests can sleep like royalty. Guests can enjoy a leisurely stroll around the beautiful formal gardens designed by the Olmsted Brothers, take a mansion tour and learn about the rich history of OHEKA and Otto Kahn, or dine in the OHEKA Bar and Restaurant before retiring to your uniquely designed guestroom for an in-room massage. Breathtakingly beautiful, OHEKA CASTLE is admired around the world as a premier venue for exquisite weddings and gala celebrations and has been the backdrop to many prominent film and photo productions. The refined European atmosphere and the feeling of being transported back in time to the decadence of the Roaring Twenties consistently gives OHEKA the recognition as America's Grandest Castle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Oheka Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oheka Castle Huntington, NY - Long Island
- Oheka Castle Hotel Huntington