All reviewslong islandfront deskthe concierge loungebreakfast buffetbusiness tripbaseball heavenhotel staffnew yorkmarriottweddingtournamentbistroeventnyc
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I stayed at this hotel in Aug 2011 during Hurricane Irene situation. It was a nice, clean and efficiently managed hotel with no trappings of luxury but business like. The response of the hotel towards guests during Hurricane Irene situation was very confidence inspiring. A very efficient and helping front desk.Good hotel managed by responsive management.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have good view.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank goyalair
Reviewed September 14, 2011

The room was not updated and not as clean as I prefer. We ate dinner in the hotel the first night we arrived and the food was WAY WAY overpriced and mediocre at best. It was on Thanksgiving and was supposed to be a special dinner. The only thing special about it was that I had to take out a second mortgage to pay for it! My son printed up a map in their business center and they were going to charge us for that too! I talked to the front desk and they removed it from our bill. We went out for breakfast and there was no tea in my room. Upon arriving back with our take out and cups of hot tea/coffee we were asked why we went out I replied that there was no tea in our room. They send up my fave tea and sweetener in a box! That was nice! Also there was a wedding and reception that we could hear and see from our window. They were throwing food into the pool...Would not stay at again.

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel!
  • Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank GAK012973
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel quite a number of times over the years and everytime I am never disappointed. The front desk people are always courteous and friendly along with the bar and restaurant empolyees. The rooms are well appointed and the location makes it perfect to hop on the L.I. Expressway. Great hotel!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Grace H
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Ended up staying at this location because we were attending a nearby wedding. Where to start....
This may of been a nice hotel 10 to 15 years ago but it seems like since then they just sort of stopped trying and just make due with quick fixes and half assed repairs. The AC in our first room was making to much noise to even sleep so we contacted the front desk who first said there were no other rooms and sent a maintenance man up at midnight to try and fix it. After 30 min of banging on it and taking half the wall apart we finally were moved to a new room.

Beware if you get a room that faces the inner loby of the hotel...when events get out at 130am it gets LOUD. Not the hotels fault really but not fun either when you are trying to sleep.

Sunday morning the power went out for about 30 seconds which was enough to reset the alarm clock (god knows when they last changed the battery back up), also the cable and hot water went out for most of the morning so that was even more fun.

The elevators broke down several times while we were there, and when they did work still took 5 to 10 minutes to show up to your floor. Sunday morning we spent 15 minutes waiting to just get from the 3rd floor to the loby to check out. Sure there are stairs but after the 3rd floor they don't go to the loby...just to the outside of the hotel...which in spite of the rain we ended up doing just to get out of there.

They also charge for everything....wifi...local calls....breakfast....I have stayed at much cheaper hotels who give you all those for free....again not the locations choice probably but still disappointing.

To their credit on check out they did give a decent discount for the room due to all the problems but I still have no plan to stay at a Marriott location any time in the future.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank CaptainScience
Reviewed August 8, 2011

This was a quick weekend getaway with my wife. Hotel was close enough to go to the Outlets and the Wineries on the North Fork.

Upon checking in, we were politely informed that there were no king size beds available. We expressed our displeasure but understood that even though we requested a king size bed, it was not guaranteed. The gentleman behind the counter could see we were not very happy. Being that we are rewards members, he upgraded us to an Executive Suite (king size bed)
The room was very large (triangle shape at the end of the building)
Only 2 complaints with the room.1- For a room this large, the bathroom was very,very small.
2 - The mattress had seen better days. No support at all (this was brought up when we checked out. I believe it was the manager that apologized, but also thanked us for providing feedback)

Very nice breakfast buffet. $14.95 if I remember correctly

This hotel can get a bit busy on the weekends.

If you are planning a visit to the Eastern End of Long Island (Riverhead)and don't want to spend a lot of $$$$ for a hotel, the I would recommend the Islandia Marriott (Exit 58 on the Long Island Expressway)

OH, and if you are wondering what it cost us for 2 nights. "$300". It would have cost us double that if we stayed in Riverhead.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple