All reviewslong islandfront deskthe concierge loungebreakfast buffetbusiness tripbaseball heavenhotel staffnew yorkmarriottweddingtournamentbistroeventnyc
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Booking.com had errors regarding what we thought was free Internet and free breakfast. Also contact email was wrong. Mariott corporate site had wrong transportation info, although when I wrote them, they included the correct info. Also, Mariott Corporate site said they could not contact the hotel, we had to, due to contractual obligations with Booking.com.

All was made ok by Bruce when we got there. He apologies for the confusion and waived the fees for breakfast and Internet for our 4-day stay.

Rez, one of the waiters, was excellent, as we're most of the staff. When we could not get a soda machine to accept our bills, staff apologized and gave me a fee bottle.

One newish waitress in the lounge was a bit clueless about the fact that we were waiting for her to bring the next dish while my wife had not finished her soup. Even when we explained that we were happy to get the next dish right away, she seemed to think both people had to be finished before she could bring it.

In fairness, the dinner is normally in the restuarant but for some reason it had alreaady closed, and I think she was used to working in the bar. So it was no big deal.

In short, almost perfect

paul from japan

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Bruce A, General Manager at Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2011

Dear Paul,

I wanted to take a few minutes to thank you for your review. I really appreciate your comments. We don’t always get to hear constructive and helpful criticism. I truly believe you as a guest, has ten maybe more times better observation than us because you live and experience those positives and negatives.

Again, I thank you for your comments and we hope to serve you in the future.

Reviewed December 20, 2011

- Rack rates are expensive, but corporate are good.
- Comfortable facility
- close to the highway
- Great breakfast

Room Tip: Rooms in the back can provide a good view
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed December 1, 2011

The Islandia Marriot is fine, but that's as much praise as I will give it. It provides the minimum number of amenities that a full-service Marriott can give, and everything about the hotel appears to be the minimum that Marriott would abide for one of its hotels. My room was worn, the tub was stained and the coffee maker was dirty when I arrived. On the other hand, the bed was very comfortable and the staff tried to be as accommodating as they could be. Next time I am in the area on business, I will try the Sheraton nearby.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Il0vebaseball
Bruce A, General Manager at Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time and leave a review on TripAdvisor. As a member of Marriott family we strive for exceptional service. We take every single chance to improve our level of service and we are proud of our award winning hotel and quality of guest services.

I would like to apologize for the service you have received during your stay. I just want you to know, this is not our well known hospitality. We hope this unfortunate incident will not shake your faith on Marriott.

Again, please accept my sincere apologies and I hope you will give us another chance to serve you in the future. Excellence is the unlimited ability to improve the quality of what you have to offer. Thank you for always helping us to improve.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

We stayed at this hotel Oct 20-21 and November 9-13 for our daughter’s wedding. The ceremony and the reception were held at the hotel. There were over 50 people from Quebec, Canada attending the wedding – overall we had 125 guests.

Let me start by saying that everything was perfect ! The level and quality of service we received was beyond our expectations. We could not have asked for more.

Every day my husband and I had the buffet breakfast in the dining room - $15 per pers. They also have the à la carte menu, but considering the prices we were better off with the buffet. During the weekdays, if you want eggs other than scramble, they will make whatever you want in the kitchen. During the weekend, there is a chef at the buffet egg station who will prepare eggs to your liking. The buffet is plentiful and good.

One evening we had supper in the dining room with family members and friends. Wow ! The service was excellent and so was the food. Very impressive !! I want to especially point out the Cobb Salad. Not only was it good, but I had never seen such a beautiful presentation. Others came to my table to look at it and some even took pictures of it. Bravo !!!

The employees at this hotel are top notch. All of them ! They often check with you to find out if there is anything you need. Many of our guests were provided with cold bottle water, courtesy of the hotel, before leaving to go shopping or to go into the city. They provide a shuttle service to the Central Islip Train Station and the Shopping Centre. Needless to say, everyone was happy.

A very special thanks to the wedding planner and staff. Wow ! Honestly, everyone was impressed on how everything was well planned and coordinated. The tables were set to perfection. Once again, everything was perfect. The layout in the mezzanine for the cocktail hour was beautiful and I could not believe the amount of food that was available for hors-d’oeuvres. Everything was beautifully presented and also very yummy. The food served at the dinner was very good as well. Bravo to the team !

We took advantage of everything the hotel had to offer, the gym and the swimming pool were a hit. The water in the pool was hotter than in the hot tub, lol. It was great ! As the parents of the bride, we were upgraded to a beautiful mini-suite. Once in the room, we received a small bottle of Chardonnay, cheese and crackers – a very nice welcome indeed.
The room was perfect with a nice large closet and a very comfortable king size bed. We had no problem sleeping. The only thing, the bathrooms are small. All the essentials are there, including a nice size counter top. You could not be two people at the same time at the sink – no way.

We stayed 5 consecutive nights at this hotel and we felt as if we were in a mini resort. There are two Lobbies. At the Lower Lobby you have the main reception area, Business Centre, pool and gym, souvenir shop and dining room. At the Main Lobby you have a bar which serves food and the beautiful mezzanine with seating areas which overlooks the dining room and the pool. Very nice ! And of course you have all the different meeting, conference, banquet and party rooms.

Every one in our wedding party was impressed with the quality of service and accommodation.

Even though this hotel is beautiful, it could use a few nips and tuck here and there. Some of the baths are showing their age, but everything is very clean and very well kept.
We had an amazing journey and a beautiful wedding ! To management and to all the employees, thank you !!

Also want to add, during our stay we went to Manhattan using the LIRR (Long Island Train). It’s the only way to go – don’t even bother or think of taking a car. We also went to National Fire Island Seashore Park. Yes, we went to the beach. We could not resist and it was worth it. Very beautiful !

Room Tip: During our first stay, we had a room overlong the pool in the mezzanine. During our second stay, we were on the opposite side of the hotel - looking outside; we could see the trees and the beautiful color of the leaves. We preferred looking outside.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Bruce A, Manager at Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2011

Dear Mrs. Quebec,

Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure to serve you and your guests. We strive to provide best service and accommodations here in Islandia Marriott. We wish a happy, healthy and long life to newlyweds . Looking forward to serve you again.

Reviewed November 12, 2011

At most hotels where they have carts available, they point at it and you do it yourself. Here, a very polite employee had me bring my car up, helped take the heaviest bags out of the car, loaded the cart, took it up to my room and unloaded it there for me. Very striking looking lobby with a great big view upward. Great atmosphere. Not sure what else was going on at the time (school had started - this was late September) but lots of families with kids coming from the pool, running in halls and playing in the vending area but didn't actually ruin my experience, just a note. Extremely well appointed king size bed. Using the TV was a bit of a challenge and parking lot is oddly sloped but those are nits. Checkout was the receipt under the door which is always a plus.

Room Tip: Get a quick user guide for the TV remote. If you just want to watch regular TV it is a challenge to figure out exactly how to do that.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Bruce A, General Manager at Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment concerning your experience in the Islandia Marriott. I would like thank you for sharing your feedback. The Islandia Marriott takes great pride in delivering what we call “Quality Service and Comfortable Accommodations”. I like you to know that we will consider your recommendation for directions to operate the remote controls in the rooms. We hope to serve you in the future again.