“Great One Night Stay!”

Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Islandia
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Stayed a night at this Marriott to get away for the weekend. Amazing customer service, Marriott never disappoints and it pays to be one of their reward members I really feel they give you more attention. We had an easy check in, awesome room, they called 10 minutes after we got to our room to make sure everything was OK, they also called after we had our room service for breakfast to make sure everything was OK. I was really impressed with this Marriott and would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Bruce A, Manager at Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Thank you for staying here at the Islandia Marriott. I would like to take a moment to sincerely thank you for sharing your positive feedback.

In the service industry, it is extremely important for us as managers to know all aspects of your stay. We would like to know if something went wrong or everythings were just the way it supposed to be. Knowing that we are doing good job truly boosts morale, self-esteem and pride among all staff. And these traits are what keeps us going each day.

Again, I thank you for your comments and we hope to serve you in the future again.

Reviewed 31 January 2012

This was my 2nd time staying here in 2 years. The staff is very friendly, the room was very nice and clean, and the bed was soooooooo comfortable!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2012

We traveled to Long Island for a wedding. The couple reserved a block of room at the Marriott Islandia Long Island. I was very excited when I found out it was a Marriott because Marriott means quality and we are reward members. This is not your typical Marriott. The room was ok, the bathroom was not nice. It is definitely an older property that the Marriott acquired. They REALLY need to update the bathrooms and doors. The bathroom door was painted over and you could see the chipped wood at the bottom. The bed was the usual comfy Marriott bed. The room was clean. Our door key stopped working, we could not get into our room. Had to call the front desk. They sent someone up quickly, which was great, but he wasn't able to fix the unit. He had to go get tools and take the unit apart to put new batteries in. He was very nice and worked as quickly as he could. All in all, it was a nice stay, room was clean, staff was friendly, and would stay again. I just suggest an upgrade of the bathrooms.

Oh yeah... request a room away from the entrance to the stairs and the maids station. It gets noisy with the door slamming shut every time it's opened.

Room Tip: Stay in a higher floor, if you are overlooking the interior of the hotel, it can be loud because of...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Stayed here for a friends wedding. Rooms were nice and large. Bed was comfortable and the best part about it was that they left the bar open for us at night.

I would definitely stay here again if I was in need of a hotel on the Island.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Booking.com had errors regarding what we thought was free Internet and free breakfast. Also contact email was wrong. Mariott corporate site had wrong transportation info, although when I wrote them, they included the correct info. Also, Mariott Corporate site said they could not contact the hotel, we had to, due to contractual obligations with Booking.com.

All was made ok by Bruce when we got there. He apologies for the confusion and waived the fees for breakfast and Internet for our 4-day stay.

Rez, one of the waiters, was excellent, as we're most of the staff. When we could not get a soda machine to accept our bills, staff apologized and gave me a fee bottle.

One newish waitress in the lounge was a bit clueless about the fact that we were waiting for her to bring the next dish while my wife had not finished her soup. Even when we explained that we were happy to get the next dish right away, she seemed to think both people had to be finished before she could bring it.

In fairness, the dinner is normally in the restuarant but for some reason it had alreaady closed, and I think she was used to working in the bar. So it was no big deal.

In short, almost perfect

paul from japan

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Bruce A, General Manager at Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2011

Dear Paul,

I wanted to take a few minutes to thank you for your review. I really appreciate your comments. We don’t always get to hear constructive and helpful criticism. I truly believe you as a guest, has ten maybe more times better observation than us because you live and experience those positives and negatives.

Again, I thank you for your comments and we hope to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 20 December 2011

- Rack rates are expensive, but corporate are good.
- Comfortable facility
- close to the highway
- Great breakfast

Room Tip: Rooms in the back can provide a good view
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 December 2011

The Islandia Marriot is fine, but that's as much praise as I will give it. It provides the minimum number of amenities that a full-service Marriott can give, and everything about the hotel appears to be the minimum that Marriott would abide for one of its hotels. My room was worn, the tub was stained and the coffee maker was dirty when I arrived. On the other hand, the bed was very comfortable and the staff tried to be as accommodating as they could be. Next time I am in the area on business, I will try the Sheraton nearby.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Il0vebaseball
Bruce A, General Manager at Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time and leave a review on TripAdvisor. As a member of Marriott family we strive for exceptional service. We take every single chance to improve our level of service and we are proud of our award winning hotel and quality of guest services.

I would like to apologize for the service you have received during your stay. I just want you to know, this is not our well known hospitality. We hope this unfortunate incident will not shake your faith on Marriott.

Again, please accept my sincere apologies and I hope you will give us another chance to serve you in the future. Excellence is the unlimited ability to improve the quality of what you have to offer. Thank you for always helping us to improve.

Bruce Atabek

Also consider these accommodations in or near Islandia
1.6 km away
12.2 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Stony Brook
33.3 km away
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection

Been to Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!