“Nice stay”

Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Islandia
Reviewed 12 April 2012

The bed is really comfortable and the pillow choice is great. I was also able to check in early, 10am, which was a big plus for me. The people that work there were also really friendly. I felt like I was on vacation when in reality, I wasn't. The amenities in the room like cordless phone, mini fridge, and reading lights on the headboard are a nice touch.

My complaint is the bathroom. The shower pressure was so intense that I just wanted to get out of there. Even after trying to adjust it on the shower head. The tiles in the shower needed to be updated because black mold was growing in the caulk. Also, the tub was getting filled with water, which is nasty. I'm hoping that this is just in this room, so I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Bring toothpaste
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Bruce A, General Manager at Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Islandia Marriott. Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems you have experienced in your bathroom during your stay.

I would like to think your experience was the exception rather than the rule. The Islandia Marriott is well known for it's comfortable accommodations and great guest service. The condition of your bathroom is very much out of the ordinary and very below the standards expected of our hotel.

I hope that this experience has not spoiled your image of our fine hotel. We appreciate your continued patronage and we would honor the opportunity to service you again in the future.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed 10 March 2012

This is generally standard Marriott on an interchange. Could use some updating except for one factor.

In an earlier era many hotels were built with big atriums and great swimming pools off the lobby. This is one such property. A great place for kids to have a good time while parents are nearby having a snack or a drink. Probably an excellent choice for family reunions or for weekends on the Island.

The staff was fine; the restaurant was very good. In general a standard large Marriott from the 1980's with a great pool for family fun.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Bruce A, General Manager at Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

Thank you for leaving a review. We do our best to meet and exceed your expectations. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is also helpful to see where we have opportunities to improve our product and services. Again, thank you for your patronage and your comments. We hope to see you soon .

Reviewed 6 March 2012

I always read the reviews on tripadvisor when booking hotels, however I am guilty of never writing reviews. I've decided I should start and I wanted to begin with the great experience I had this past weekend at the Islandia Marriott.

The lady at the front desk, I believe her name was Shieley, was personable and efficient; our group's requests were met or exceeded. I asked for a quiet king room on the same floor as the rest of my group, but when none could be found I was given a room on an upper floor that exceeded my expectations.

The room was well appointed and spacious, however the bathroom did not match-up; it was clean, but it was very cramped.

The bar is small, but again the service was excellent. The food and beverage manager was a constant ensuring our group's needs were being met.

We had breakfast at the buffet in the morning and again the food and beverage manger was available to greet us, ask about our evening and make sure our experience was a positive one. Breakfast was good, eggs made to order, and service was excellent.

I felt very welcomed at this hotel. I recognize that it is a business hotel and the weekend was not very busy, but everyone seemed to know who I was and cared about my stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments. Our first priority is your satisfaction. Hearing that you have enjoyed your stay means a lot for us. Shailey is a great individual that cares for every single guest. She is a fine example to all hotel workers. We are proud of her as we are proud for our hotel. Again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to see you soon.

General manager

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Stayed a night at this Marriott to get away for the weekend. Amazing customer service, Marriott never disappoints and it pays to be one of their reward members I really feel they give you more attention. We had an easy check in, awesome room, they called 10 minutes after we got to our room to make sure everything was OK, they also called after we had our room service for breakfast to make sure everything was OK. I was really impressed with this Marriott and would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Bruce A, Manager at Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Thank you for staying here at the Islandia Marriott. I would like to take a moment to sincerely thank you for sharing your positive feedback.

In the service industry, it is extremely important for us as managers to know all aspects of your stay. We would like to know if something went wrong or everythings were just the way it supposed to be. Knowing that we are doing good job truly boosts morale, self-esteem and pride among all staff. And these traits are what keeps us going each day.

Again, I thank you for your comments and we hope to serve you in the future again.

Reviewed 31 January 2012

This was my 2nd time staying here in 2 years. The staff is very friendly, the room was very nice and clean, and the bed was soooooooo comfortable!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2012

We traveled to Long Island for a wedding. The couple reserved a block of room at the Marriott Islandia Long Island. I was very excited when I found out it was a Marriott because Marriott means quality and we are reward members. This is not your typical Marriott. The room was ok, the bathroom was not nice. It is definitely an older property that the Marriott acquired. They REALLY need to update the bathrooms and doors. The bathroom door was painted over and you could see the chipped wood at the bottom. The bed was the usual comfy Marriott bed. The room was clean. Our door key stopped working, we could not get into our room. Had to call the front desk. They sent someone up quickly, which was great, but he wasn't able to fix the unit. He had to go get tools and take the unit apart to put new batteries in. He was very nice and worked as quickly as he could. All in all, it was a nice stay, room was clean, staff was friendly, and would stay again. I just suggest an upgrade of the bathrooms.

Oh yeah... request a room away from the entrance to the stairs and the maids station. It gets noisy with the door slamming shut every time it's opened.

Room Tip: Stay in a higher floor, if you are overlooking the interior of the hotel, it can be loud because of...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Stayed here for a friends wedding. Rooms were nice and large. Bed was comfortable and the best part about it was that they left the bar open for us at night.

I would definitely stay here again if I was in need of a hotel on the Island.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islandia
0.7 km away
12.2 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Stony Brook
33.3 km away
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection

Been to Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!