“Why I don't go”

Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Islandia
Reviewed 13 November 2017

Before Jake opened I signed up for emails and never received any since it opened. They weren't planning video Keno and since it opened they are holding to no Keno machine.I travel out of state 3 times a year for entertainment and gambling and will never visit Jake's again until they put in video Keno machines.

Room Tip: I did a walk through twice and saw nothing of interest I will continue to travel to Atlantic city, R...
Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

I had fun playing at the casino. I played here numerous times. It's convenient because it's only an hr drive from home. I like it because it doesn't smell cigarette smoke unlike other casinos. How I wish there's more eating place to choose.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2017

Just stayed here for two nights and felt it was fair. The price was very reasonable but saying that, the place needs to get both elevators working. With one working elevator, the wait was normally long to get to your room or downstairs to the casino. I thought there should have been dedicated parking for hotel guests rather that one parking lot to accommodate the casino and hotel. Yes there is valet parking but it is so much easier to park and not have to wait for your car. There is no room service and one restaurant throughout the entire place. If having choice and variety are important to you - this place does not have it
The casino is very clean, there are a variety of machines and the staff friendly. Our room was large with comfy beds and pillows. Good location just off the highway

Room Tip: lower floor because there is only one working elevator
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 October 2017

I have been to Jake's a few time to gamble but this time my boyfriend and I decided to spend the night here.

Their biggest downfall is one working elevator and their debit card policy. It's funny, this used to be the Islandia Marriott and four years ago they STILL had one working elevator. And with no staircases in site, you feel trapped. We were also on the 10th floor. C'mon, Jake. I think you guys grossed enough money to get the second elevator working.

The gentleman who checked us in was fine. I didn't feel the super warm friendly welcome but I didn't receive rudeness. The room was clean, and the bed was super comfortable. We stayed on a Thursday night so the whole floor was very quiet which we liked. They put a $50 hold on your card if you use a debit card. That's fair but a FIVE TO SEVEN DAY HOLD? Ridiculous.

We decided to eat at the restaurant and while our server, Courtney, was great the gentleman who was seating guests was kind of rude. I guess he was a bit overwhelmed with how many guests were waiting for a table but still, he should be a little more friendly. The chicken quesadillas is out of this world.

Our favorite security guy, Adam, is truly the best but I must say the security team there are all very friendly wishing us good luck all the time.
I felt the machines were pretty tight that night giving me barely any payouts but hey, that is the world of gambling. We love the free refreshment station and overall the casino is clean and comfortable.

My biggest recommendation? SEX AND THE CITY slot machines.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2017

Going to dinner every Friday Night at Jake's 58. Their Steaks are awesome and hanging with Angi, Victoria, Zio, Johnson and their Fearless Leader Perry. They are all very good and Perry puts them over the top and brings them together as a team. I've been coming here every Friday night for months.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Highly recommend...
Great variety of machine
Clean
Wish they had a pool
Service and staff were friendly and helpful
Long line at players club made it a little confusing when wanting to redeem/inquire about rewards
Just signed up
Free room promo only for 2 weeks would like it extended

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 October 2017

This was a very unexpected trip. My son had a basketball camp in Northport so we needed a place to stay. I booked a place on Expedia at the Radisson in Hauppauge first without reading the reviews. As it got closer I read them and decided that the reviews were so bad I would switch hotels. Thank god I did. This place is fantastic. The rooms are clean. The restaurant Bistro 58 is very good and it is in a great location. The place is very cool. The reception lobby décor is great. It is something you will just have to see to behold. It was not really expensive but you felt like it cost a lot. It was just a great place to stay and we will be back for sure.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islandia
1.6 km away
Danford's Hotel & Marina
#1 of 2 in Port Jefferson
4.7 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge

Been to Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!