“Nice,clean,comfy...no free wifi?”

Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Islandia
Reviewed 31 July 2010

front desk was nice no problems there. lobby was nice and very welled layout. fast elevators going up and hallways were clean. got in room and was impressed very nice and clean. bathroom was small. at night there was a party going on downstairs in the hall so that kinda rocked the whole place with music. Didnt bother me but if your the type that likes to get a good night sleep early good luck. other then that for the price it was well worth it. i give it an B+.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 June 2010

Our room was large, very comfortable and very clean. When we booked our room online it came with a $25-$50 hotel credit that we were told could be used for the restaurant etc during our stay. When we inquired about this hotel credit we were told that they don't issue that cheapostay needed to provide. We ended up getting $25 credit to use from hotel manager. We used it for breakfast at their onsite restaurant. The breakfast and service was terrible. It was a buffet and food was tasteless and poor quality. Must have been first day for guy making your choice of eggs because they were the worst we ever had. You couldn't get coffee refills and after you are seated no one checks on you until they bring you the bill. Even with the credit we ended up spending an additional 15 dollars. If you stay here don't eat at their restaurant. You can get great bagels and a cup of coffee instead at one of the many local bagel shops in the area.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2010

The first night we got there, we thought everything was good, we were there for a wedding which was being held at the hotel. The air condition seemed to working fine in the room, until something happened and it become hot and then cold, the first night we let it go. The second day, during the day the room temperature was 85 degrees, we called and asked them to come and fix it, they did and it was working fine for a bit, but then it was hot again, we complained again and said they will send someone right away, they checked it and said that need to a new part and it will be fixed within a couple hours. As we were at the wedding, we decided to escape for bit and check if it was done, but NO, we went to the front desk and they gave us another room, it was hassle with our little one. They gave us one night free and breakfast. At check out, we paid in cash, and for some reason I decided to check my account for my credit card and it was charged $318 when we had already paid $121 in cash at check out. Very pissed off, I called the hotel to clear the matter and I am waiting for a phone call. Very disappointed!!!

Not only that, but the elevator going down was not working and we had to use the stairs, it was hot throughout the whole hotel and during the cocktail hour we had big bug walk across our table.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 February 2010

I was completely amazed when I stayed at this hotel. I had decided to extend my stay, and had to switch hotels from the Hyatt, as it was fully booked. Do I ever regret not staying there in the first place. The hotel is completely massive, and the room I stayed in had a single king sized bed. There was plenty of space in in my room, it was immaculate. The room was really nice, I didn't feel like I was staying in a hotel, I felt like I was staying at a friends house. The staff was absolutely amazing, everyone I spoke with was polite, and friendly. It was a short distance to the train station to take the Long Island train to New York City. If you're staying on Long Island, don't even bother looking for another hotel, just stay here, it's not worth looking anywhere else.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 January 2010

Stayed for a wedding celebration..only 2 nights, thought the rooms were very big and clean, pool was nice for a dip but water was a touch cold one morning....
bar food a but pricey, but overall we had a good experience!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 January 2010

I had to spend 2 weeks on business in Islandia, Long Island this January.

The Marriott staff were consistently kind, driving me to and from the office as soon as I called for the hotel van, and giving me a key to the Executive lounge (free breakfasts and snacks, drinks & nice desserts in the evening) in my 2nd week.

The room was large (3 times the size of the Hilton NYC - see other review) and well furnished, though the bath was not properly cleaned after the person before me.

My only problem with the room (this seems to be consistent in all American hotels) is the horrendous noise from the fan in the air conditioning / heating system which goes on every 5 minutes as soon as the room gets a couple of degrees below the heat setting you set on the thermostat. It is really impossible to sleep through the night - when you have jet lag this is a pain.

The gym is very small, but with enough choice of machine for a small workout.

The restaurant is very cold (the atrium roof is no good in the snow!) and after 2 weeks the menu is very boring! But the steak was very nice.

I think the kind staff make this hotel ok - it is never fun to be away from home alone for so long.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank worldtraveller99
Reviewed 26 November 2009

Nice room, TV is superb with HD channels and flat screen tv (many hotels these days have flat screens but do not showcase HD). However, common areas are a little run down (elevator, etc) and rooms are noisy for 2 reasons: 1) flimsy doors that make significant clatter closing so you hear everyone enter and leave and 2) very noisy a/c...also, you have to decide A/C or heat which doesn't always lead to proper temps in the fall season. Finally, health club has been upgraded with 3 good treadmills, Life fitness elliptical and bike (only 1 each though) and some machines.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islandia
1.6 km away
6.9 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
4.7 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge

Been to Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!