All reviews cinnamon buns hi express pancake machine spacious hotel nice addition front desk stayed here egg white omelette good size complimentary breakfast is hard boiled eggs street noise downtown area fitness center third floor would stay again hotel staff
Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is perfect for visiting both Ithaca College and Cornell University. The location is great with plenty of shopping and restaurants in walking distance.
It is a new hotel and the service was wonderful, free breakfast was perfect and beds comfy.
We enjoyed our stay. My only complaint is the hallways are air-conditioned and were quite chilly but have been to hotels where the hallways aren't air conditionedso it's not really a complaint!

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank PRHOakland_NewJersey
Reviewed April 30, 2017

The hotel is new and is well cared for. It is convenient to the campus and shopping and restaurants. The breakfast is varied and well diverse in content and presentation. Rooms are nicely appointed and bathrooms have a great shower.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank NormanG126
Reviewed April 24, 2017

I have literally stayed at hundreds of Hotels. This hotel is THE NICEST Holiday Inn I have ever seen. Room is Gigantic and very stylish. Bed really comfy.

Staff was awesome and really made me feel appreciated.

This is a Great place to stay in Ithaca.

Room tip: Corner room is so big, that it's a long walk to the bathroom in the middle of the night. (I'm kinda joking, and kinda serious)
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank danvsleddude
Reviewed April 24, 2017

Read my other posts on TA, I'm not that hard to please. This hotel is new, but after a year and a 1/2, it has no excuse for the horrible service, beds, noise level we dealt with.
We arrived to an empty front desk. Finally, a guy named Garrett Ventura, the front desk manager on duty that night, showed up 10-15 minutes later. People were lined up and waiting for him to buy snacks from the little shop by the front desk. He claimed he was making a fold out bed for a customer, but he smelled like cigarettes and I didn't see him come out of the elevator when he finally arrived. It was a Saturday night and the place was busy and they had ONE staff member in the entire facility. When he finally got back to the desk, we waited longer while he took care of the people with snacks, then he took a 3-5 minute phone call while we waited even longer. His first words when he saw me and my tired 80 y/o uncle getting aggravated were "don't blame me if the hotel doesn't employ enough people." Then he blamed Expedia for a "reservation mistake". I travel the world for business and pleasure. I average 80-100 nights a year in hotels. I have not had one "Expedia error" in the 5 years I've used them. He claimed he was making a rollaway while we waited. Then, when he said we didn't reserve one and argued over who's fault that was, I finally convinced him to check the room with rollaways that he claimed to have just come from. After another 10 minutes, I convince him to just check...and he found one....10 minutes later yet. As he re-emerged with his cell phone to his ear, talking to his manager and complaining about our attitude, he pushed the paperwork at us. He then brought up a paper thin rollaway (a 1/2 hour later) and when we opened the door, he pushed it at us and walked away...which was ironic because he said the reason we waited so long initially was because he was making a rollaway for another customer. There were three of us...me, my 15 y/o son and 80 y/o uncle, our queen beds were poor too. Lumpy, too soft, horrible pillows. We were awoken throughout the night by noise above us, an alarm clock that went for hours through the night and coming from the room next to us. You could hear every door close on our floor...the hotel apparently was built on a minimal construction budget w/no concern for sound/sleep. We spent the two previous nights at rural hotels, a Best Western in Hammondsport NY and a Town Center Suites in Williamsport PA. They were less than 1/2 the price and excellent.

I've only had one hotel experience this bad in the past 7 years. The most redeeming quality was a pleasant hotel manager who listened to what happened in the am but seemingly did nothing, as he promised to call me and fill me in on "how he would make this right"...as I told him I didn't want a refund, I wanted to know what he'd do to address a rogue employee. As he and I finished our discussion, we walked out of a meeting room to find fireman in the lobby and fire trucks in front of the entrance for a false alarm that was triggered by a faulty mechanism. I sat and ate (a decent) breakfast nearby and overheard the fireman say they MUST address this problem which apparently had happened numerous times in the past.

Pay more if you can and must to stay elsewhere...or drive outside of Ithaca 20 minutes to cheaper and better lodging. If you can't find another place, sleep in your car.

Room tip: Doesn't matter. I assume all beds are poor and all walls are thin...even if they fire "Garrett", they still have a lot of other issues.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Jon O
Reviewed April 11, 2017 via mobile

My wife, son and I came up to Ithaca to tour IC and stay one night and we were very pleasantly surprised by how much we all liked the Holiday Inn. The price was right, parking was plentiful, the people were friendly and the brand new rooms were very clean and comfortable.

I liked the fact that the fitness center had a recumbent bike and free weights. Only downside to the gym: it was stuffy and barely air conditioned. A single floor-standing fan would have done the trick.

The complimentary breakfast was tasty, and even the coffee was surprisingly good.

Five stars.